Hamish and Andy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They obviously gave everyone fair warning about what was about to be done? If so that is when you as a viewer have the ability to turn the tv off or change channels if it is something you don't want to see. You also have the right to no longer watch the show and inform the station of your decision if it has offended your morals that much. I am not sure that the snake would have suffered much more than a rat gasping for air when being euthanised and it would have suffered a lot less than a snake here in Australia that has been hit by a car and maimed that does not die for hours or days.

This is part of the reason I no longer listen to the radio/watch TV for the most part. I understand that it is all at viewer discretion but whatever happened to appropriate time slots. My kids can flick on the TV in the middle of the day and watch a soft core sex scenes and the words that are now acceptable are just not on. I cant listen to the radio in the car as I don't want to explain to my 7 year old daughter what " erectile disfunction" or " last longer in bed" is. The world may be turning to crap but me and mine don't have to go along with it whilst it is in my power. Rant over.

Yeah i guess i see your point but if you went to another country would you eat the plain old food what you normally eat or would try there food and see how it is living and eating in there country, thats part of the reason i travel (whenever i do)

I like to think I'm pretty well travelled in a lot of "off the beaten track" places. And of course I eat the local street food, it's part of the experience. But I do draw a line on some things, and this is definitely over my line.

I know these kind of things happen world wide, but I don't agree with it being displayed for 'entertainment'.

They did say the WHOLE snake is used. Who cares who eats the heart of it? And what do you mean influential people? Do you really think after seeing this people here will start eating the hearts of snakes?

This is part of the reason I no longer listen to the radio/watch TV for the most part. I understand that it is all at viewer discretion but whatever happened to appropriate time slots. My kids can flick on the TV in the middle of the day and watch a soft core sex scenes and the words that are now acceptable are just not on. I cant listen to the radio in the car as I don't want to explain to my 7 year old daughter what " erectile disfunction" or " last longer in bed" is. The world may be turning to crap but me and mine don't have to go along with it whilst it is in my power. Rant over.

THIS!!! +100000000

I couldn't agree more and I'm so glad there's one other person out there who's not completely desensitised to all the crap. At the risk of ranting myself, I'll stop here.

They did say the WHOLE snake is used. Who cares who eats the heart of it? And what do you mean influential people? Do you really think after seeing this people here will start eating the hearts of snakes?

Excatly. I don't see what the big deal is if they use the whole animal, if everyone protested everytime a fish died on tv we'd never get anything done. And I rarely see them use the whole fish.

Excatly. I don't see what the big deal is if they use the whole animal, if everyone protested everytime a fish died on tv we'd never get anything done. And I rarely see them use the whole fish.

With the fish, do they cut it open, remove the still beating heart and eat it/shoot it from a shot glass??? I am not disputing what is acceptable behaviour to said culture they may do what they like ( I don't believe in it so I wont do it) I don't believe it needs to be televised. But hey, my protest is not watching it.

I am not a fan of Hamish or Andy. I think anyone that likes them are fools.

I wont stop watching because they are all kinds of hilarious.. They didnt write the show they are just in it.
I do feel sorry for the snake though.. Asian country's have some weird customs.. Have you seen in thailand they make popcorn tarantulas.. Ewww

Next time you eat a piece of meat just remember that the animal was once living and that you are doing the exact same thing that you are condemning here.
Do you all get this stirred up when you see a piece of meat being cooked on a show like hells kitchen etc? I think not but it's exactly the same thing, nothing more than a food item being/been processed.

I'm confused, what is the issue? That the heart was eaten. How is that any different to eating any other type of offal or meat for that matter. Surely if something is to be killed we should be happy that as much of it is put to use as possible, and nothing is wasted.

The fact it was broadcasted? I don't see anyone jumping up and down when a chicken is killed on tv, plucked and then roasted. And yet I have seen this a few times.

To be honest it looks like a mountain has being made out of a molehill.

It saddens me that I have to explain this.

Firstly I have no issues with an animal being killed for food. I have killed food to eat in the past, do now and will do so in the future.

My issue is with broadcasting for peoples entertainment a live animal opened up, removing its still beating heart, placed in a shot glass and eaten/drank.

I have no problem with people eating anything for its nutritional value or it's taste but draw the line when things are used for their special powers or ability to cure ailments. Eating a still beating snake heart is only one step up from powdered rhino horn or tiger body parts.

Next time you eat a piece of meat just remember that the animal was once living and that you are doing the exact same thing that you are condemning here.
Do you all get this stirred up when you see a piece of meat being cooked on a show like hells kitchen etc? I think not but it's exactly the same thing, nothing more than a food item being/been processed.
yeah I do actually. being vegetarian going vegan makes all these things seem gross and abit "wrong"

Snake is pretty tasty actually

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Firstly I have no issues with an animal being killed for food. I have killed food to eat in the past, do now and will do so in the future.

My issue is with broadcasting for peoples entertainment a live animal opened up, removing its still beating heart, placed in a shot glass and eaten/drank.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree. I personally don't see the issue. You obviously do. But if you have an issue with it write into the show/ channel or watch something else instead (4 corners was quite interesting last night).

If you want something that is really upsetting watch swamp people. There are no redeeming qualities to that show.

I have no problem with people eating anything for its nutritional value or it's taste but draw the line when things are used for their special powers or ability to cure ailments. Eating a still beating snake heart is only one step up from powdered rhino horn or tiger body parts.

A bit alarmist there. Firstly cobras are not endangered or threatened. And secondly it wasn't just killed for its heart. The whole body was used.

Why is that wrong? In many cultures eating an animals heart is a massive sign of respect. Entertainment or not, it happens in a lot of countries and I don't see why it shouldn't be documented for whatever reason they were trying to achieve.
There are also shows which show people being autopsied on tv, you can also call it entertainment or call it documenting reality.

The point is if you are going to find the content offensive then don't turn the TV on, pick up a book or do something other than complain about something which you can ultimately control whether you watch or not.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree. I personally don't see the issue. You obviously do. But if you have an issue with it write into the show/ channel or watch something else instead (4 corners was quite interesting last night).

If you want something that is really upsetting watch swamp people. There are no redeeming qualities to that show.

He he he we can agree about swamp people :D.

As humans with the ability to think for ourselves we are going to have differing opinions, if we didn't life would be rather boring. As far as writing in to the station however I think it would have the same effect as peeing into the wind..... mildly amusing for a second or so but entirely futile:shock:

People, so many different cultures, religions and beliefs and they all offend someone. Noone has the right to never be offended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back