And we pretend we care about animals???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thank you Lonqi, that actually made my cry, hard to believe it's finally beginning and that it has taken so long for someone/country to do the right thing..

Its wrong coming from a country that uses child labour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah..anyone who has heen to india can probably think of more pressing concerns they should have than dolphin welfare. Still, good to see someone addressing it.

There are two sides to a coin ,we in Australia do put on the 'animal shows' this is true ,but to get support of the public in recognizing animal welfare and financial support for the animals,shows that are put on seem to have a better impact then a filmed docco. Most times in our country the animals ,although constricted with space (which is an obvious issue)overall the welfare of our captive animals are of a very high standard...unlike in a lot of overseas places,where the animals are just a commodity and the welfare of them isn't high on a priority list. Don't get me wrong ,I'm glad that India ,has taken a stand in 'animal' concerns and protection but I can't move past the hypocrisy because we all know what values they place on humans over there and have seen it sadly...

"Quick! Everybody try and find a way to still take the moral high ground!"... Sheesh...

whilst i can see how some dolphins may not take captivity very well i do encourage you to check out the pep porpoise pool in coffs harbour , then come tell me that those animals are distressed in a captive life

He wasn't saying it as a joke, he was saying it is a joke that the country is prioritizing this animal law, over the safety of their women. Any step in the right direction is better than no steps though!

I wish we would do the same for shows with Orcas in it. There is just the most damning documentary about Seaworld (or similar) in America. Those poor whales suffer terribly

He wasn't saying it as a joke, he was saying it is a joke that the country is prioritizing this animal law, over the safety of their women. Any step in the right direction is better than no steps though!

So you think rape is legal? Jesus, we really have no hope whatsoever.

As someone who is half Indian and has a lot of family over there, I really think that you all need to get informed and stop relying on sensationalised mass media to form your opinions for you.

What are you even on about? Yes rape is no joke but the conclusions you're drawing from these posts are crazy.

As someone who is half Indian and has a lot of family over there, I really think that you all need to get informed and stop relying on sensationalised mass media to form your opinions for you.

It is the stereotypical profile that people base a lot of judgement on and not actual experience. Yes it is unfortunate but it is a part of life. As you may know from speaking to some of your Indian family Indians also stereotype Australians. Not saying this makes it right but that it just happens.

whilst i can see how some dolphins may not take captivity very well i do encourage you to check out the pep porpoise pool in coffs harbour , then come tell me that those animals are distressed in a captive life

I love that place.

It is the stereotypical profile that people base a lot of judgement on and not actual experience. Yes it is unfortunate but it is a part of life. As you may know from speaking to some of your Indian family Indians also stereotype Australians. Not saying this makes it right but that it just happens.

Stereotypes don't worry me, it's people who blindly believe what they hear on the news then parrot it back as fact that I can't stand - regardless of subject matter.

I think you're taking what he said the wrong way. Poor choice of wording on his part perhaps but I certainly didn't feel as though he was making a joke about rape.

As someone with a mate from India and some family friends who regularly travel to India for extended periods I think you need to be a bit more realistic about India's safety situation. While I agree that the media is sensationalised India fares poorly in just about every reputable quality of life or safety index that I've come across and they're generally from reasonably unbiased sources.

I don't mean to be disparaging about the nation of your heritage but I'm just being realistic - you're not going to hear me trumpeting Australia's awesome treatment of our indigenous people or refugees.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am not saying anything on the topic of Indian laws, I am merely pointing out that you have grossly misinterpreted a comment, and have replied in an incredibly rude and shallow manor. You have jumped straight into telling people they have a low IQ and shouldn't breed, when you yourself have just flipped your nut and began petty personal insults because someone has voiced an opinion you don't like. Grow up and take some chill pills.

I love that place.
do the animals that they keep captive long term appear to be in anyway distressed to you ? , i say long term captives as they do also take in wild animals to be rehabilitated (mostly turtles i think) , those understandably wouldnt always be as relaxed but that is apart of rehabilitating animals at times isnt it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back