Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pythons unleashed,-

Why do you have so many jags?.

Is it because you just cant sell them?.
I think this may definitly be the case as i notice you have got adds trying to sell the same animals on here for ages and no one seems to want them. ( no offence at all ). Just certainly looks that way.

pythons unleashed,-

Why do you have so many jags?.

Is it because you just cant sell them?.
I think this may definitly be the case as i notice you have got adds trying to sell the same animals on here for ages and no one seems to want them. ( no offence at all ). Just certainly looks that way.

maybe he was waiting for them to colour up before choosing his future breeders.... a lot of people do this but don't have the room or time to hold back whole clutches.

Oh I see thats why the same ad for the same animal has been there for ages.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont mean that the way it sounds just pointing out that the tide is really turning, a few years ago they would of sold in a day or so. Now it seems they are very hard to get rid of.

its already been proven as to where the zebra gene came from, pure jungles, by reputable sources, even if it was overseas breeders. If you don't already know that then its not my problem. I've already researched my information because I need to if I am going to purchase one of these animals and add them to my collection eventually. So far the only morphs that have originated from IJs are Axanthic, independant of the same Coastal gene (which has not yet been proven out independantly as far as I know) and also the Granite morph, which has been proven that it originated from pure IJs. You need to research your info more.

Exactly how can any overseas seller prove their lines are pure anything??
Even the German high yellows, considered pick of the crop over seas, have an interesting back ground

Oh I see thats why the same ad for the same animal has been there for ages.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont mean that the way it sounds just pointing out that the tide is really turning, a few years ago they would of sold in a day or so. Now it seems they are very hard to get rid of.

Just so you know. I have sold all 6 of those jags in the last 2 days and a free female sib with it one.

About time too, you kept dropping the price as well.
What did they go for in the end.? $20.

- - - Updated - - -

Talking about zebras, ive also found out that the hatch rate is VERY low and what does hatch a good proportion of the young are kinked and or infertile. This is seems to be common overseas with all the zebra clutches produced to date.
So it beats the hell out of me why anyone would spend money on a snake that is highly likey to be infertile, and if you do manage to get one that is fertile, its likey that most eggs wont hatch and what does, most will have problems. Seems like a completey lost cause to me.
So much like jags, they have bad genes.

Last edited:
Can't beat the old pure local specific snakes.... These designer snakes are just a phase and are sure to succumbed to their genetic defects. At the end of the day designer snakes are bred to target simple minds that are attracted to bright colours. The real hobbyist appreciates pure animals as they are found in the wild.

- - - Updated - - -

Talking about zebras, ive also found out that the hatch rate is VERY low and what does hatch a good proportion of the young are kinked and or infertile. This is seems to be common overseas with all the zebra clutches produced to date.
So it beats the hell out met why anyone would spend money on a snake that is highly likey to be infertile, and if you do manage to get one that is fertile, its likey that most eggs wont hatch and what does, most will have problems. Seems like a completey lost cause to me.

You sound a little bitter mate...what can't you afford to buy a snake from pythons Unleashed???

hahahaha may be you could swap TB..:lol:

lol. Not bitter at all, why would i be.? Nothing against pythons unleashed at all. I dont mean it to be personal in any way. And i honestly apologise if thats the way it came across.
Just proving that jags have lost their appeal because of the neuro problems. You cant understand that.?

Last edited:
Rob, that's a really good point you have pointed out about the fact that Zebra clutches are known to get deformities and to be infertile. I really can't see why people would want them(like blood diamonds) I think in reality, pure lines will be always be the favourite and the most sort after, in the not so distant future.

Dan

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

So it beats the hell out of me why anyone would spend money on a snake that is highly likey to be infertile, and if you do manage to get one that is fertile, its likey that most eggs wont hatch and what does, most will have problems. Seems like a completey lost cause to me.
Is this true about zebras? This is the first that I have heard of it. I thought there was quite a few around now.

The supers apparently the easiest things to produce but normal zebs are fine.

The supers apparently aren't.......

How it should read.

It certainly seems that all zebras have this problem, not just supers.
They have been trying to breed new blood into them overseas for a while now in germany and the states to solve the problem, so far with no sucsses.

You sound a little bitter mate...what can't you afford to buy a snake from pythons Unleashed???

Haa! You have no idea.

So many naive keepers. They're not even worth getting for free to put in my freezer given the space they'd take up.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to apologise, but it appears (like our jag debates) you are only interpreting and conveying what you want to hear and what you want people to hear.......I am not trying to wage a war with you over this, just trying to put the facts of our experiences with this PURE JUNGLE MORPH out there.

The hatch rates and kinking you refer to is only in the instance of breeding zebra to zebra to produce the superform.

To date PLENTY of superform zebra's have been produced with no issues at all, but yes SOME have hatched with a kink. But it is possible to eliminate this as was done with Albino olives and hatching with their eye deformities or with no eyes. These days very few Albino olives hatch out with eye problems due to incubation trials and selective breeding.

Furthermore the breeder in Sydney (who bred my male PURE JUNGLE zebra pictured) did hatch superforms last season with the predicted quarter clutch ratio of supers and to date no kinks. Although it was only one clutch, but not long till this seasons pure jungle zebra superform clutch hatches.

Attachments

• P2191048.jpg
    P2191048.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 98
Barramundi, lets not start this like the Jags. How about the truth from the get go. Without a doubt there is a kink in the Super zebra, they get born with pig tails corkscrewed from the cloaca down, all of them, it is just that some also have a body kink as well. Try find a pic of one showing its tail, they are all posed sitting on them. Secondly, if you think there is going to be a super to super clutch this year, and that the offspring will be pure jungles... well all I can say is that you are either being sold down the river in regards pretty much all your info on them, or you are once again trying to pull the old "jags dont wobble" like you did last time. Its the same bag headed crew that couldnt lie straight in bed, even with each other it seems.

On another note, the male in my above post looks to have sired 2 clutches with these 2 females. Both on pre-lay now and it will be interesting to see what influence the zebra gene has on high yellow or high black jungles.

Attachments

• P3062253.jpg
    P3062253.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 70
  • P3020782.jpg
    P3020782.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back