show us your enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loz006

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is already a thread about this, but oh well.
So these aren't my snakes or lizards but was an exs that is on this site and I was at his place one weekend and got bored and wanted to rearrange his enclosures. Something about decorating tanks is relaxing!

Screenshot_2013-10-08-00-22-58-1.png

Screenshot_2013-10-08-00-22-35-1.jpg

Screenshot_2013-10-08-00-22-02-1.png

Several threads... one started a few days ago. Do a search using your title as a term of reference. One is currently an active thread in DIY.

Disturbed Dave: I've seen your enclosure before and it is certainly in my opinion one of the better private enclosures around. Although most people won't care, what I was most impressed with was the bamboo used to cover the aquarium edge, a very simple principle but that attention to detail is what is replicated by zoo exhibits where the obvious man made elements are immersed in the habitat. To me it was what made the difference to compliment the whole enclosure.

Disturbed Dave: I've seen your enclosure before and it is certainly in my opinion one of the better private enclosures around. Although most people won't care, what I was most impressed with was the bamboo used to cover the aquarium edge, a very simple principle but that attention to detail is what is replicated by zoo exhibits where the obvious man made elements are immersed in the habitat. To me it was what made the difference to compliment the whole enclosure.

Thanks Dan, it means a lot. Did I mention that I have CDO? (OCD in alphabetical order). My main goal was to make it as natural as possible, not only for viewing purposes, but for my EWDs comfort. Truthfully, I took ideas from other builds, some from this forum, and some from another.
As my first enclosure, there are a few things that I would have done differently, and I will be taking that into my next build.

I think if I can do it, anyone can.

Thanks Dan, it means a lot. Did I mention that I have CDO? (OCD in alphabetical order). My main goal was to make it as natural as possible, not only for viewing purposes, but for my EWDs comfort. Truthfully, I took ideas from other builds, some from this forum, and some from another.
As my first enclosure, there are a few things that I would have done differently, and I will be taking that into my next build.

I think if I can do it, anyone can.

Haha! OCD! I have it too... I'm very picky when it comes to my enclosures... I likw the natural look too. I think natural looks so much better too.
Here's to hoping my enclosure lid goes to plan..

I have a big interest in zoo exhibit design and thought it deserved noting, credit where credit is due :)

nothing wrong with taking ideas from others either, taking a concept and implementing it or improving it is all research needed in the planning stages of enclosures/exhibits.

I have a big interest in zoo exhibit design and thought it deserved noting, credit where credit is due :)

nothing wrong with taking ideas from others either, taking a concept and implementing it or improving it is all research needed in the planning stages of enclosures/exhibits.

Very very true dan..
Nothing wrong with getting ideas from other people or from something you've seen.. you sorta do either way because you've seen stuff like that before to make you think of it anyway.. unless you're inventing something no one has seen before..
If that makes sense :| lol

Even the zoo world goes through trends, from the bear grottos and square concrete and bar cat enclosures, to immersion exhibits and flex habitats, to activity based design.

CLR design has some good videos and galleries of their work designing exhibits in zoos. I'm currently reading a book about the design and construction of Disney's Animal Kingdom (DAK). Those two resources would be a great place to start for anyone interested in exhibits.

G'day @Poswah , been away from the forums for a few years, and I'm presuming by now there would be no interest in my answer, however the background was made by myself with polystyrene, a lot of glue, expander foam, tiling grout and paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back