Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a small fan/heater that I only have to turn on directly on to the incubator to cool it down, I turn the incubator off during the day on really hot days and it keeps a constant 30-31degs then turn on during the night.

- - - Updated - - -

thing I'm worried about is my big girl stresses out with really hot weather and drops her clutch to early. but she's 27days through now so I hope she waits till its a lil cooler.

My two female frillies are enormous right now. Eggs due within the week!

Placing a frozen water bottle in bottom can keep temps down so ya thermostat keeps working it at normal temp

just finished setting up second incubator just encase I need it. she's very active thick near her clocia, and I have a feeling tonight or tomorrow I may get eggs. she has lost allot more condition this last week of being gravid, you can see her spine and flabby skin I have a big feeling this clutch is going to be huge!! she's never been like this at this stage, and I gave her the year off last year, mind you she was getting feeds up until her pre lay slough. I was going to allow maternal incubation this year but her condition has changed so much. she's about 9.5-10ft but when a big snake has lost condition you really notice the difference...this is why its so important to have a back up plan.

- - - Updated - - -

ok no eggs as of yet lol

woot thanx for asking I got a surprise today she started at 9.30am and finished around 3pm don't know how many she has just yet but there's a few and they are really white and plump. she chose to lay them in the most strangest way this year and ended up getting one egg stuck to her lol I removed it without too much drama its in the incubator it was a bit cold so I hope its fine and makes it.

DSCF8564.jpgDSCF8565.JPGDSCF8566.JPG

I'm still hoping with one of my girls. I had offered both of my girls a large rat each as it was their first feed since I started cooling them in June. I had started turning the temps back up in September and thought it'd be ok to offer them both something which they each individually took about 2 weeks ago. Then another breeder tells me its not the norm for females to take food when gravid. Someone else mentioned they sometimes do, so its that little bit of hope there. And yes I'm a first time breeder. My Diamond and Gammon females had become very thick in the latter halves of their bodies as cooling went on. The Diamond had a slogh today and I'm told, if she really is gravid, then she may have her clutch in about 3 weeks, so fingers crossed!

I'm still hoping with one of my girls. I had offered both of my girls a large rat each as it was their first feed since I started cooling them in June. I had started turning the temps back up in September and thought it'd be ok to offer them both something which they each individually took about 2 weeks ago. Then another breeder tells me its not the norm for females to take food when gravid. Someone else mentioned they sometimes do, so its that little bit of hope there. And yes I'm a first time breeder. My Diamond and Gammon females had become very thick in the latter halves of their bodies as cooling went on. The Diamond had a slogh today and I'm told, if she really is gravid, then she may have her clutch in about 3 weeks, so fingers crossed!
Isn't that a little early for Diamonds?... Just out of interest

honestly the way the weather has been lately it wouldn't surprise me everything is scewed down here in sa were getting hatchling browns

I got 29 Fertile 3 slugs she laid 31days past pre lay slough. :) very happy with the eggs. she is so upset I'll offer her a Medium Rabbit in a couple days after she calms down.

Yay! Had a couple with pre lay sheds around the 8th. So hopefully in the next few weeks for me. Condolences for your lost female :(

got 7 tanami woma eggs, half hour ago.

attachment.php

i got a clutch of 4 slugs yesterday off my jungle (day 24) lucky me :D she dosn't exactly look skinny so i have fingers crossed she has some fertiles still in her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back