Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks it is a group effort, it won't work without everybody's support :)
I've just been informed there will be some door prizes donated by different people so watch this space to see what they will be ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Still plenty of time to express your interest. Be sure to Google the website and join the Facebook group if you can? The flyers will be going out today so keep an eye out in your local petshop/vet ect for those.

As for the meet and greet don't forget to bring a chair or picnic blanket as it is a public park (this won't be an issue for future meetings as they will be held in a hall/conference room)

The first lucky door prize to be announced is a $10 iTunes gift card for the purchase of the extremely useful and indepth Snakes of Australia App by Stuart McDonald, donated by a long standing member of another well known Qld Herp society. If they wish to be known please comment below (who your are and the group you represent)? We appreciate your generosity. I look forward to seeing you all there and please call myself, Gary or Sara if you have any questions, concerns or ideas?

Thanks and please help us "Share the Herp Love"

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Its a good chance it will be a very warm day. How much in the way of shade is there at this location?

image.jpg image.jpg
For those concerned about the kids and there being no shade I was at the site today and there is plenty of playground facilities and a huge covered BBQ area plus other smaller covered BBQ areas and plenty of trees. It would still pay to bring a camp chair or picnic blanket. Feel free to bring your own picnic lunch and non alcoholic drinks if you like but it would be great if you can support the society and buy a sausage sizzle and a can of drink as this will go towards the first newsletter production. With a little over 1 week to go we still need people to at least give us some idea whether you will be attending and how many others you may bring with you so we can stock up on snags and drinks. We look forward to seeing some old and new faces and talking about all things reptile with you all. Cheers Nathan.

We have only just arrived in Highfields in the last couple of days and will be busy moving into the new house but I will do my best to make it. I will also have to think of a more relevant username now i have relocated

- - - Updated - - -

I am happy to donate a thermostat,heat mat and digital thermometer for a raffle. Our removalists will be here hopefully on wednesday or thursday so I will have the items in time

Last edited:
thats definitely something you should bring up at the meeting, i look forward to hearing everyones ideas and meeting everyone.

We have only just arrived in Highfields in the last couple of days and will be busy moving into the new house but I will do my best to make it. I will also have to think of a more relevant username now i have relocated

- - - Updated - - -

I am happy to donate a thermostat,heat mat and digital thermometer for a raffle. Our removalists will be here hopefully on wednesday or thursday so I will have the items in time
Great idea mate,
hope to see you and many others there on Sunday. Be sure to come and see myself or Gary or shout it out at the meet and greet.

I'd like to see a herping trip made from this group. The Darling Downs has some fantastic diversity. These are some reptiles we found in one afternoon whilst heading out further West.

I've seen a few groups try and set up Reptile Societies recently and all of them had little to no desire to share this sort of information and knowledge.

Strophurus taenicauda by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Pseudechis guttatus by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Eremiascincus richardsonii by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Oedura marmorata by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Lerista punctatovittata by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Morethia boulengeri by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Amphibolurus burnsi by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Pseudonaja textillis by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Parasuta dwyeri by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Denisonia devisi by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Lucasium steindachneri by J. Kelk, on Flickr

I'd like to see a herping trip made from this group. The Darling Downs has some fantastic diversity. These are some reptiles we found in one afternoon whilst heading out further West.

I've seen a few groups try and set up Reptile Societies recently and all of them had little to no desire to share this sort of information and knowledge.

Strophurus taenicauda by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Pseudechis guttatus by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Eremiascincus richardsonii by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Oedura marmorata by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Lerista punctatovittata by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Morethia boulengeri by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Amphibolurus burnsi by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Pseudonaja textillis by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Parasuta dwyeri by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Denisonia devisi by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Lucasium steindachneri by J. Kelk, on Flickr
That's the aim mate. Without jumping the gun before the society is even up and running I'd like to propose the first outing be to go and and see Grassland Earless Dragon and help support the local conservation group based in Mt Tyson for them. Great pics mate hope to have you on board.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the door prizes on the day will include:

1st: a 15x10" photographic print by me that has been framed.

Green Tree Python - Morelia Viridis by sara sternberg, on Flickr

2nd: a bunnings gift card valued at $20

3rd and itunes card

Hope to see you all there :)

Sara
Today's the day. Hope to see you all there. You've got to be there to win one of the lucky door prizes. :) :)
"Help us Share the Herp Love"

The Meet and Greet today went well, a good group of people. i enjoyed the conversations and we have a pretty clear idea of direction for the future of our group. Thankyou to all the people that made the trip out! Everyone that couldnt make it we hope to see you at the next meeting. i would still love to hear your opinions to add to our results. Sara is going to organise an interactive pdf that you can fill out out questionaire and email it back to us. keep an eye on this space. I look forward to discussing reptiles and everything related in the future.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I really hope this group gets up and going. With the fracticious nature of the SEqld herp scene being as it is, you guys will have you some serious bridge building to get this off the ground. Once credibility of the group is earned, I'm sure this can take off. Build it and they will come.

It was great to meet you guys yesterday and what I saw where some keen and motivated people ready to get this up and going. For personal reasons I can't put my hand up to be on your organizing committee , but you have my details so contact me for whatever assistance I may be able to offer.

Please make sure the next meetings details are visible to google, not everyone is on Facebook.
( and yes , that's a dig at the other group of which I am a member of, which has been holding meetings since April and still doesn't exist from a google search!)

Cheers,
Dave.[/FONT]

Thanks Nathan for my invite to attend the inaugural meeting of DDHS. I enjoyed the afternoon, caught up with a couple of people I hadn't seen for a year or 2 and heard some interesting stories about others herps.

A few good ideas were floated and if followed should get more people involved.......

Thanks Neville, Dave and all the others who made the trip. We all appreciate the feedback that everyone gave on their questionnaire and the ideas we gained will help us make this a great society. The interactive PDF questionnaire will be available on the website soon so we can get some feedback from those that couldn't make it. Thanks again for getting behind us and showing your support. Until next time keep on loving the reptiles :)

We (DDHS) is currently in the process of designing a flyer for the society and putting together an interactive PDF questionnaire to help us judge what members wish to get out of the society please help us by commenting your suggestions and ideas in this thread until the questionnaire becomes available on the DDHS website. Thanks again for all the support and words of encouragement and also thanks to the people who made the trip out for the meet and greet BBQ we hope to see you all again and the others who couldn't make the BBQ at our first official meeting at a time and place that wil be decided very shortly. Cheers Nathan

Any idea on time, date and venue for follow up meeting ?

Cheers
Sandee :)

Date and venue is coming shortly. I hope to see everyone at the scales and tails expo today! Get excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back