Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google is you friend, just search axanthic jungle it is listed on the website which can tell you all about it:)
Actually I know which website you're talking about, those folks have been out of business for some time so its no help, thanks anyway. SO back onto Zebra talk!

Originally Posted by yellowbeard From what I understand the Zebra morph was produce by Paul Harris (UK) in 2003 from a pairing of pure jungles (as they do have pure lines in the UK and EU as well as the USA), in 2008 Paul Harris proved it as co-dominate by producing the Super Zebra.

Spot on. I find it so funny when people say there are no pure lines outside of Australia.

There are no pure carpet lines internationally that can be proved to be pure lines

Originally Posted by yellowbeard From what I understand the Zebra morph was produce by Paul Harris (UK) in 2003 from a pairing of pure jungles (as they do have pure lines in the UK and EU as well as the USA), in 2008 Paul Harris proved it as co-dominate by producing the Super Zebra.

There are no pure carpet lines internationally that can be proved to be pure lines

So its basically the same as in Australian then? Jungles are only found in Queensland and it is illegal to take from the wild so any Jungles in captivity would have to be of unknown origin ;)

Originally Posted by yellowbeard From what I understand the Zebra morph was produce by Paul Harris (UK) in 2003 from a pairing of pure jungles (as they do have pure lines in the UK and EU as well as the USA), in 2008 Paul Harris proved it as co-dominate by producing the Super Zebra

Actually, Paul bought the first Zebra from a gentleman (in France I believe). It was produced by a pair of seemingly normal Jungle Carpets. That gentleman couldn't get the zebra to do anything so, it was sold to Paul. Paul then proved it out.

Cheers,
D

So its basically the same as in Australian then? Jungles are only found in Queensland and it is illegal to take from the wild so any Jungles in captivity would have to be of unknown origin ;)

That is incorrect because there have been several amnesties in Australia which allowed wild caught reptiles to be registered and kept by their owners
Some of the pure lines can be directly traced right back

Actually this thread is about Zebra carpet python morphs.. Not opinions or information that is not relevant and that is off topic to the thread.. Feel free to start a threat on other subjects , But lets keep threads on topic.
Heres the facts from the breeder who proved out of the Zebra Jungle Carpet morph. Paul Harris..
UK Pythons - Investment quality pythons direct from the breeder!

Actually, Paul bought the first Zebra from a gentleman (in France I believe). It was produced by a pair of seemingly normal Jungle Carpets. That gentleman couldn't get the zebra to do anything so, it was sold to Paul. Paul then proved it out.

Cheers,
D

I stand corrected and have learnt some thing new, thanks.

Is anyone actually waiting in line to purchase a zebra? I just cant see why there is a big fuss... I think they just look like ugly jungles :S I'm not a morph hater, quite the oposite.

I guess these could get interesting combining the pattern(possible?)? Please advise :)

That is incorrect because there have been several amnesties in Australia which allowed wild caught reptiles to be registered and kept by their owners
Some of the pure lines can be directly traced right back

Those amnesties were not just for wild caught reptiles but were also for people keeping and breeding captive breed reptiles as well, I am unsure how may can be "traced right back" if you have to rely on word of mouth.

Also this is off topic so show us your pure Zebra Jungles.

ede8ubat.jpg

Here is a pic of my pure zeb male

Is anyone actually waiting in line to purchase a zebra? I just cant see why there is a big fuss... I think they just look like ugly jungles :S I'm not a morph hater, quite the oposite.

I guess these could get interesting combining the pattern(possible?)? Please advise :)
Watch for the world record price drop! I have heard of some people asking 4K! Are there really people willing to spend that on them?

Watch for the world record price drop! I have heard of some people asking 4K! Are there really people willing to spend that on them?

The old saying goes you get what you pay for, the higher quality and multi gene animals are still over 6k. Same as high quality and multi gene jags are still over 2k.
They were 5k last season for a run of the mill zebra so not much of a price drop, if the actually are being or going to be sold for 4k (a lot of rumours get thrown around) I see them holding there price alittle better then jags did because you can get a super form.

Not wanting to stir up a hornet's nest but took this dodgy pic a few weeks ago of my zeb female sitting on some nice eggs. They are looking like nice healthy eggs so far into incubation. Hopefully I get a few nice looking animals from this clutch.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 217
Is anyone planning to breed and sell 100% Zebras this season, if so what is a ball park figure on the price

The old saying goes you get what you pay for, the higher quality and multi gene animals are still over 6k. Same as high quality and multi gene jags are still over 2k.
They were 5k last season for a run of the mill zebra so not much of a price drop, if the actually are being or going to be sold for 4k (a lot of rumours get thrown around) I see them holding there price alittle better then jags did because you can get a super form.
First ones of the season advertised for 2k!

May I ask how one defines the different levels of quality in the Zebras ?

Is it the lineage or the appearance or what else ?

If I want to purchase a zebra what should I look for ?

Cheers
Sandee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back