Bedroom/under bed themed setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

princessparrot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok so my woma loves ugg boots and going through clothes and I want to set up her new enclosure abit like a bedroom floor(I'm sure she'll appreciate the ugg I'm putting in) but I'm wondering what would be good substrate to imitate "carpet"? I was thinking just shredded paper and/or paper towels, but lawra suggested marine carpet(I know there was just a thread on this) and I like the idea of that but what do others think?

Also is fake grass ok for frogs?

thanks

Last edited:
You can get aqua carpet.. its on infomercials atm. Kinda soft plastic carpet. Just f10 here and there. Drains and wont mold. Ment for in the shower and it comes in a few colours.

I like ugg boots too.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Have fun keeping the ugg boot clean

That's what I was thinking.
don't want to sound mean but your woma goes in your uggs because he feels safe in a confined space.
Mine always tries to get in to my dressing gown sleeves but I wouldn't put a dressing gown in her enclosure.

Your woma will urinate in the boot. It will stink. And it's not hygienic for her to be in your old uggs - yuk.

IMO, let her have time out under your bed, etc but provide her with a safe & clean enclosure.

Ok so my woma loves ugg boots and going through clothes and I want to set up her new enclosure abit like a bedroom floor(I'm sure she'll appreciate the ugg I'm putting in) but I'm wondering what would be good substrate to imitate "carpet"? I was thinking just shredded paper and/or paper towels, but the lawra suggested marine carpet(I know there was just a thread on this) and I like the idea of that but what do others think?

Also is fake grass ok for frogs?

thanks
Not sure on the Ugg boot idea for the reason stated above. My snake will defecate in its hide quite frequently. I think marine carpet would work quite well but I would put paper under it to soak away the moisture and make sure you pull it out once a week at least to clean it. I also think that Lawra would be quite proud that her status has now been upgraded to "The Lawra" lol.

Not sure on the Ugg boot idea for the reason stated above. My snake will defecate in its hide quite frequently. I think marine carpet would work quite well but I would put paper under it to soak away the moisture and make sure you pull it out once a week at least to clean it. I also think that Lawra would be quite proud that her status has now been upgraded to "The Lawra" lol.
Lol, oops. Maybe just in winter I'll give it to her. I need to somehow make a hide that looks like an ugg! Yeah that is the one bad thing I could think of is keeping the ugg clean......... If only u could was them... I remember I put my ugg in her enclosure for just a minute to see whether she'd go for her hide or my shoe, and I'm sure you can guess which one she went for......

Bahaha I missed that first time round! "The Lawra" has a ring to it and is pretty appropriate :p

Princessparrot and I discussed ugg boots a while ago and I suggested starting a thread to see what others thought.

She said 'old' boots but they're not worn, she has plenty that are still in condition so that concern can get thrown away :)

Edit: in new condition I meant to say.

Bahaha I missed that first time round! "The Lawra" has a ring to it and is pretty appropriate :p

Princessparrot and I discussed ugg boots a while ago and I suggested starting a thread to see what others thought.

She said 'old' boots but they're not worn, she has plenty that are still in condition so that concern can get thrown away :)
;) I do agree with the "the lawra" thing. I'd say I have about 5if not more unused pairs around the house. I do have some that are water resistant on the outside but yeah, I do get where you people are coming from

;) I do agree with the "the lawra" thing. I'd say I have about 5if not more unused pairs around the house. I do have some that are water resistant on the outside but yeah, I do get where you people are coming from

Did you come to a conclusion about what you're going to do for your enclosure idea?

I once spoke to a very knowledgeable keeper who once had an olive python in a bedroom all to itself and slept in a baby's cot. It worked for him so perhaps the same principles could be applied to your bedroom theme.

Did you come to a conclusion about what you're going to do for your enclosure idea?

I once spoke to a very knowledgeable keeper who once had an olive python in a bedroom all to itself and slept in a baby's cot. It worked for him so perhaps the same principles could be applied to your bedroom theme.
Sounds like joemal. No I haven't yet.

Sounds like joemal. No I haven't yet.

It is, I was being discreet lol.

You sound like me with my Lego enclosure - it's been put in the 'get to it one day' pile. Although there's still half a wall built and sitting on my tv unit lol.

It is, I was being discreet lol.

You sound like me with my Lego enclosure - it's been put in the 'get to it one day' pile. Although there's still half a wall built and sitting on my tv unit lol.
;) I still want to build one and have all the stuff but my house is just a mess so I don't really have anywhere to build it... Might just make it a small one though for my future children's python

what does joemal think of my idea...

;) I still want to build one and have all the stuff but my house is just a mess so I don't really have anywhere to build it... Might just make it a small one though for my future children's python

I have to decide on a future investment before I start mine...

I have Steve's two-storey progressing well and I'm looking forward to building Fang one with heaps of vines and 'jungle' looking.

I want an olive which would definitely not fit in a PS1 so that's out the window and I don't want to buy a snake just to put in a Lego tank...

I may just build it anyway because it'd look really cool (if and when I ever get time! haha)

I'm generally at home 24/7 with not much to do and I do want a children's python. I could also picture a bearded dragon in one. Definitely agree with the olive bit :s maybe for a couple of weeks/months,but not long at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I think with me at the moment is just that I need to clean out my room to so any of this

hey lawra, can u maybe see what joemal thinks of my " bedroom" idea

Last edited:
I think there's quite a big difference between housing a large snake in a bedroom and a bedroom themed enclosure. One is practical, one is not.

I'm generally at home 24/7 with not much to do and I do want a children's python. I could also picture a bearded dragon in one. Definitely agree with the olive bit :s maybe for a couple of weeks/months,but not long at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I think with me at the moment is just that I need to clean out my room to so any of this

hey lawra, can u maybe see what joemal thinks of my " bedroom" idea

I don't know how a beardie would go with Lego; I wouldn't be comfortable with basking temps on plastic.

I'm sure Joemal wouldn't mind an email from you asking his opinion.

I think there's quite a big difference between housing a large snake in a bedroom and a bedroom themed enclosure. One is practical, one is not.

I'm interested to find out why. I wouldn't have thought it would be much different.

I had an idea of possibly converting a set of bunkbeds into an olives enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back