Lace monitor scam warning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilchy

Reaction score
hi all, some of you may of seen the add on rdu containing 3 bells phase lacies for sale at $450 each in vic.
the email i have received replys from is ([email protected]) but she has referred to herself as Morgan also.
i haven't edited any of the following messages. i thought they were pretty strange. i also cant seem to change the size of font for her messages, so you may need to zoom for easier reading.

here is the conversation we had
(inquired on rdu, cant get message, but was just asking for one of them)

her: Hello DanielI do appreciate your concern on my bell phace monitors i will like to know if you have ever own this specy of monitors and if you do then i will inform you that, you can either pay for the pair or just a male. Am sorry for the options i just gave you but i do hope you see reasons with me.I and my family just move in here in Papua New Guinea but i do believe distance is not a barrier for the pet to get to you as i can make arrangement for this reptiles to get to your location by the same courier that transported them here if it is okay by you or if you have questions to ask i am waiting to read from you.Best regards and waiting

me:
just the male is fine, and so the lacies are currently in Papua new Guinea right now?

her:
Yes they are here with me if you can like want to cross over now then i will be expecting you but if you cant but will want them get to your location, then i can carry out that in less than no time and in some couple of hours the monitor will be there at your home okay or what do you think? as if its okay by you i carry it along to any of this couriers here and get it registered for it to be delivered to your home address that you will provide again, i just want a good home for my monitors thats all and also i do believe i will be welcome at your home when i some times pass to look at them Truely friend i do love this reptiles but i just cant help seen them here in this environment.get to me with what that you think so we can commence okay?

me:
i am sorry i am not interested , seems kind of suspicous, i would prefer to buy from a local breeder where i know i can see the monitors and get what i would of payed for

her:
Okay then if you like kind of doubting then i should give you my home address so you meet me or if you will prefer i go right away to any of this couries and get the monitor registered under your home address that you will give me and you later can only make the payment but to them after they must have contacted you that a monitor as at their agency then will you be making the payment and to them direct before the delivery is done okay?I do understand your point if i were you to i would have been doing the same thing but i am telling you that i am a worth trusty human being and a God fearing own to for that manner i dont see any reason why i should be cheating sombody on his or her hard earn money just as i have sujested believe me i am no cheat okay all am seeking of is a good home for monitors and nothing else and the way you show interest, i do believe any of them can have a wonderful and amazing stay at your home.

me:
do you have photo evidence of these 3 monitors?, i am under the belief that it is illegal to freight live reptiles over international waters even though they are native to Australia, isnt there anyone local to png that can give them the proper care, also why did you post that they are located in vic, melbourne on rdu?

her:
i dont know dear but i do believe its difficult now to just trust anybody please my dDaniel i dont wish to force you against your wish even still when with the pictures you are not still going to believe me sorry my dear friend and i di hope u have what you wanted from elsewhere and i do thank you for your kind a time and concern on my lancies
Best of regards

-i ignored it-

got this, this morning - with 7 attached photos of juvi lacies which are all individual animals, not to mention they were normals not bells :p

her: Hey my good friend,Hope you have seen that which you have been looking for as a pair of the bell phace were been delivered safely yesterday at one MrsSusan Walkers home in New Zealand she just emaild me that they arrived in good health and they way they were described by me now just a male is left if you have not still see that you have been looking for, i would have love to cross over myself along with the remaining lacie but am not that chance to do that now since am still like arranging my new home to fit my taste. Please if you are still interested and will be needing th male then you let me know okay?
Best regards
Morgan

i just replied with:
with a simple reverse image search i was able to find all the photos you attached on the pails for scales website. which i will be notifying the owner of those photos and rdu of your actions. you are probably one of the dumbest scammers i have heard of. learn to type English and go f@$% yourself.

hopefully no one is stupid enough to do some kind of money transfer, but i reckon 99% of all keepers should be able to realise that this isn't real.

all the best, Pilchy.

I'm pretty sure I just lost 12 IQ points from reading that.

Is there a scammers collage or something? I swear, every scam email I've ever received, has the same layout to it. Or maybe they just download a template and modify it to suit.

Is there a scammers collage or something? I swear, every scam email I've ever received, has the same layout to it. Or maybe they just download a template and modify it to suit.

I think 'College' might be giving it to much credit, it's more likely a hut in the middle of the jungle with a bunch of people on Google Translate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back