Site Sponsor - Herp Books

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newhere

Reaction score
So um I placed an order with herp books through ebay exactly one week ago and haven't recieved any confirmation that they have even posted my book.

I would like to know if anyone else has had any problems with them as they have nothing but positive feedback on ebay.

G'day Newhere,

Our website was attacked by a phishing scam on Monday evening and is still down - this took with it our email address and any way of contacting customers through our website. Our host (Blackfire Technology - they are brilliant!) is currently working away to patch it up so it doesn't happen again. As soon as we have access to our website (and the backdoor database with all the orders) we will sort it out.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I have PM'd you an alternate email address to use - forward your order through to us and we'll get it out.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

For those who are tech minded - this is what's happening right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Herp Books is back online.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 4.48.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 4.48.21 PM.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 105
G'day Newhere,

Our website was attacked by a phishing scam on Monday evening and is still down - this took with it our email address and any way of contacting customers through our website. Our host (Blackfire Technology - they are brilliant!) is currently working away to patch it up so it doesn't happen again. As soon as we have access to our website (and the backdoor database with all the orders) we will sort it out.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I have PM'd you an alternate email address to use - forward your order through to us and we'll get it out.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

For those who are tech minded - this is what's happening right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Herp Books is back online.

You were so lucky it was just a "Phishing Scam" When i was a Super Moderator on a "WXXXZ" site (redacted so as not to incur the wrath of the mods for promoting illegal sites) we were unfortunately the recipients of a "DDOS" attack from a disgruntled ex member (DDOS = self replicating spiders or bots that become visitors to the site) at 1 time the log was showing 2 mill visitors at the 1 time and it slowed the site to such an extent that just to switch from 1 subject matter to the next was taking almost 45 minutes (if you could log on at all) we had to suspend the site for 21 days to give the bots time to self destruct, then it was another 3 days just to return the site to normal from the backup we had on the server, i will put up with a Phishing scam any day compared to a DDOS attack, glad to see you are back up and running. :) ...........................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back