Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
got my brother to look after my pets while I was away for a week and I came home to find her all dehydrated and dried up(again!) its the second time ive found her like that...so I sat her in water for awhile till she started moving again, but im kind of worried shes gone blind... like she'll move when I pic her up she will move but she tries to climb where there isn't anything and when I put her down she just stays in the same place till I move her. I need to put her in the water otherwise she doesn't go in but she used to. im just kind oof worried and her eyes always seem closed or cloudy until I put water on her...... could she be blind or going it? should I move her to a smaller enclosure? shes currently in a 60cm-30-30

I'm sick of people who buy their first 10 snakes in a month, then start a reptile related face book page, then because they own the page they somehow become an authority on all things reptile. Then use rhe fact they own the site to delete comments that disagree with their poor information that they lay on unsuspecting new owners. I hate it even more when after someone disagreeing they use their new found god of facebook status, that they have because they started a page, to badmouth breeders and keepers who have disagreed with them

I'm sick of people who buy their first 10 snakes in a month, then start a reptile related face book page, then because they own the page they somehow become an authority on all things reptile. Then use rhe fact they own the site to delete comments that disagree with their poor information that they lay on unsuspecting new owners. I hate it even more when after someone disagreeing they use their new found god of facebook status, that they have because they started a page, to badmouth breeders and keepers who have disagreed with them

Wait a minute, I have always thought your knowledge on reptiles directly relates to the number of reptiles you have and your post count on forums.

I have been clean and sober 3 years today. Well at least off my drug of choice. I still have a drink or two every now and then. It was the most hard thing I ever had to go through. My life is so much better for it though. Kids don't do drugs.

- mother in laws.... Enough said!!!

I especially agree with this part! Haha.. usually I get along with parents especially mums, but the most recent one has been extremely difficult. Hence why we basically aren't together... and only reason I say basically is because it's complicated with kids involved and living in the same house.

Whistled to my dog so he could come and i would pat him, he didn't come :(

On another note, it was hot today and i don't like the hot weather

I couldn't find the vent thread so I'm doing here. Ok so this scenario starts with a dear friend posting a fb status about the colour of a brown snake. I rang her and apparently her dog had killed a snake, I asked her to send me a pic and she continues to tell me her mum is coming over to see what is is ( a non snakey person). I receive the picture and although I'm not an expert I don't think it's a brown and get the second opinion of a reptile professional who agrees it's not a brown, it's a yellow faced whip snake. I call my friend to tell her that it's a yellow faced whip snake only to find her mum has confirmed it as a brown. It annoys me so much that every one that finds a snake is suddenly an expert and it's a brown. A neighbour had a golden crowned snake that was apparently a brown. It annoys me all these self proclaimed experts.

This is the "brown snake"
gu2yqy4u.jpg

Last edited:
My missus is getting screwed over at work.
Rostered on to finish work at 10:30pm and start the next day at 6:30am. She's told her boss that it is exhausting and she still gets that shift every week.
From what I've read on Fair Work she is required by law to have a 12 hour break (she hasn't signed anything reducing it to 10).
She's also getting split days off, which again, from what I can tell, is breaking the law.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Your best bet is to look at the award that she is working under and if this arrangement is outside of the award mention it to the employer to give them the chance to fix the situation and if no action is taken go to her union or fair work Australia with it.

Really not looking forward to Christmas trading hours.
The centre I work in is having a 36 hour non stop trade.
Who seriously goes Christmas shopping at 3 and 4am?!

Got a new e-cig yesterday. Loving it. Since getting one a couple of months ago I'm down from a 50g pouch lasting 3ish days to a 25g pouch lasting a week and a bit. (morning coffee and after dinner are the hardest ones to give up)

Really not looking forward to Christmas trading hours.
The centre I work in is having a 36 hour non stop trade.
Who seriously goes Christmas shopping at 3 and 4am?!

mad people that's who!! I saw on TV last year when a shopping centre stayed open all night.the amount of people who still went in the wee hours of the morning was crazy

Got a new e-cig yesterday. Loving it. Since getting one a couple of months ago I'm down from a 50g pouch lasting 3ish days to a 25g pouch lasting a week and a bit. (morning coffee and after dinner are the hardest ones to give up)

Gotta do the same. 50g pouch lasts 4-5 days tops. What model/brand did you buy?

Rick

that's why you wear gloves with carbon fibre knuckle. Any cars cut me off I remove their mirror on the way past, they soon learn....

Accidents happen... i hope those people take you to court. Face the facts... motos are small and easily unseen, this will happen. It was your choice to use ur moto on roads filled with cars, trucks and other large vehicles... yes there are moron drivers of all vehicles but you are more at risk on a moto then in a car

Accidents happen... i hope those people take you to court. Face the facts... motos are small and easily unseen, this will happen. It was your choice to use ur moto on roads filled with cars, trucks and other large vehicles... yes there are moron drivers of all vehicles but you are more at risk on a moto then in a car

So if a truck runs you and your family off the road its your fault because you choose to drive on the road with large trucks and cars are easily unseen??? Your argument is quiet questionable, as I'm sure your opinion would quickly change if that happen. yes we are easily unseen by people who are unable to check their blind spots before changing lanes, maybe people should learn to drive. you seem very defensive, did someone remove your mirror lol.

People don't look properly for bikes but they need to learn to. Cars are very expensive to run and many people have bikes because it's much cheaper as far as petrol goes. Taking a couple more seconds to look properly won't kill you but not doing it could kill someone else, and our lives are just as valuable as anyone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back