Sunglows are here.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Roger heres the pics of the hypo and super hypo

Attachments

• IMG_7952.jpg
    IMG_7952.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_7937.jpg
    IMG_7937.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 272
Thanks mate,
Excellent comparison pics showing the different amount of melanin displayed in the hypo and super hypo...

Great looking super Hypo CHONDROS, did you get a clutch from her this year?

Jungle x hypo coastal I beleive. So no not pure coastal.

On a different note, arnt jags exotics? I think that was what the earlier comment was about.

Getting a bit off topic now but I would say that any animal that is not on the parks list of animals you can keep would be called an exotic.

So would any of you guys who have these animals have an idea of what one would be expected to pay for the sunglows

The two caramels I have from SXR don't have any resemblance to any Jungles I have and have seen. Their shape, colour and patterning look entirely like Coastals, my female having been presented as one in a state show, winning a ribbon and no experts questioning that. I was referring to normal caramels in my previous statement and not OPs/Caramel Jags btw, and until Simon comes on here and says otherwise, they will stay registered as Coastals.
Jungle x hypo coastal I beleive. So no not pure coastal.

So does anyone know if T+ or T- animals were used for this sunlgow project? My knowledge of the difference is not very high or adept but as far as I know the - ones are usually lavenders and pastels and the + ones are usually darker with more brighter oranges and yellows.

Albino Darwins are all T- but have a fair bit of colour variation. If the orginal pairing that produced SXR codom caramel was between a jungle and a coastal and then bred back to coastals for a few gens they would have very little resemblance if any of a jungle.

The two caramels I have from SXR don't have any resemblance to any Jungles I have and have seen. Their shape, colour and patterning look entirely like Coastals, my female having been presented as one in a state show, winning a ribbon and no experts questioning that. I was referring to normal caramels in my previous statement and not OPs/Caramel Jags btw, and until Simon comes on here and says otherwise, they will stay registered as Coastals.

So does anyone know if T+ or T- animals were used for this sunlgow project? My knowledge of the difference is not very high or adept but as far as I know the - ones are usually lavenders and pastels and the + ones are usually darker with more brighter oranges and yellows.

The co dom caramels from sxr are jungle crosses that have been crossed back to coastals. We would all love to see the sxr caramels you have... Can you post photos?

i can be fairly confident in say a t- albino was used because a sunglow is a hypo t- albino, also the fact that no one has produced t+ carpet pythons.... Or didn't google tell you that part?

Last edited:
So...is Simon Stones lines of caramels, pure coastals or what?

Simon has always being a bit vague as to the origins of the caramel line. He hasn't come on here or any other forum, to my knowledge in the past to either confirm or dismiss, so I find it incredibly unlikely he would post about it now.

You could always try contacting him yourself.

I have no interest in caramel coastals so have not looked into it myself. Just what I have heard.

It has been posted on here serval times the origin of the sxr co dom carpets from the actual people that original worked with the line it was a hypo coastal that rob no longer wanted to work with because he was working toward a patternless hypo and a hypoish jungle. This is where the sxr caramel line comes from also serval people that have worked closely with simon on different project have also confirmed this.

Simon has always being a bit vague as to the origins of the caramel line. He hasn't come on here or any other forum, to my knowledge in the past to either confirm or dismiss, so I find it incredibly unlikely he would post about it now.

You could always try contacting him yourself.

I have no interest in caramel coastals so have not looked into it myself. Just what I have heard.
I have Diane's number but I'm not going to ring them up about it now, its no big deal. Atm I'm more interested in the T- and T+ thing and whether any of the experienced albino breeders in here want to comment

As Champagne said there are no known T+ Carpet pythons. You don't need to be an experienced albino breeder to know that. Do you understand the difference between them?

Last edited:
I got a real sunglow fishing in the day…………….now just waiting for the the next full moon !

I have Diane's number but I'm not going to ring them up about it now, its no big deal. Atm I'm more interested in the T- and T+ thing and whether any of the experienced albino breeders in here want to comment

mates its pretty obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about but just googled sunglow and had boas pop up.... That's why you keep going on about T+ albinos yes they occur in boas but no one has produced them in carpet pythons, that doesn't mean its not possible. You seem to have a lot of snakes but why cant you put any photos up??? just stop trolling and maybe just read you might learn something.... have a look at T+ albino children's python and then T- albino mac, then you might see/understand the difference.

Last edited:
The two caramels I have from SXR don't have any resemblance to any Jungles I have and have seen. Their shape, colour and patterning look entirely like Coastals

Hi Serpentaria, your caramels may not look like theres any jungle in the mix but there's plenty of examples out there that really do look like they have some jungle in them. I would suggest too that when fully grown your SXR caramels will probably be more jungle size than coastal (maximum 7 foot long instead of over 8 feet long like many pure coastals) but as always there are are exceptions. I've owned & bred a few SXR line caramels and none were bigger than 7 foot as many coastals are, and many had the jungle like head pattern. while not proof of anything by itself, added to the information I posted about the mark sim line it supports my previous post about this line, and this claim is supported by several well known people in the hobby, several who posted after me and we're friends with mark sim at the time and witness to the situation. Im not looking to argue, and only offer some information which I feel is accurate & the truth.

here's a picture of a SXR caramel that I owned that has a head pattern distinctly more jungle like than most coastals, and I had quite a few caramels that had similar jungle skull and cross bone head patterns. The caramels I started with were from the first release SXR animals. Again I'm not trying to argue or discredit or accuse anyone at all. I don't really care if they have jungle in them.

I do however feel that if accurate information is there on lines of snakes or specific animals that the naming and what has been used to achieve these animals should be properly labeled, documented and at least known publicly to
avoid confusion in the future when much of this information may be lost or unknown. cheers

caramel_zpsf7b0145c.jpg

So would any of you guys who have these animals have an idea of what one would be expected to pay for the sunglows[/QUOTE]

about 1k-1500

[MENTION=1977]CHONDROS[/MENTION] I dont have sunglows but I would hazard a guess that the wallet would need to open a bit wider at this point in time with being miltiple gene animals. I would assume that most, if not all would be kept for future breeders at this stage so making the prices high with supply at a minimum.

Just my thoughts,
Aaron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back