Enjoy!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Remember, life is shorter than you think and wasted time can't be reclaimed. Live and love your life. If you don't already, start tomorrow.

I only have a year or so left. Good for me I've already done most of the things I wanted to. My bucket list is small and achievable. But only because I have always followed my interests and my passions.
"If you don't take risks you don't have adventures, if you don't have adventures, you don't have a life". Something my dad told me when I was 14. I learned from it and I hope you can too.

All the best to everyone here. Have a great 2014! Don't waste it!
DSC_0266_edited-2 (2).jpg

and don't step on the aliens :)

Last edited:
Hello Steve, I don't know you but I've seen your other thread and shed a tear for you and your partner, I hope your last year is the best year of your life and you kick that bucket list all the way in to 2015.

Thanks for sharing your fathers advice and reminding us of whats important in life.

Happy new year brother.

Great sentiment Steve and a wonderful weevil(?) photo. I hope that 2014 is a fitting culmination to your adventures as you destroy the bucket list.

Happy New Year and Happy Trails!

I spent 4 hours today getting my muscles zapped by a neurologist (2 in fact). Anyway they concluded I have LEMS (easier if you google it). A very rare disorder that created my symptoms over the past 6 months. And a very early diagnostic for small cell cancer if they can get a handle on it.

Apparently I am one of very few who has not slid into straight line decline but beaten the barsket with my own immune system for a while. Long story short my blood is being extracted on Thursday then courier expressed to Oxford Universty in Pommyland (they'll have to wipe the Ashes' tears from their eyes) Apparently my antibodies are "worth more than diamonds" to the researchers. They're not going to pay me for them though ha ha. I'm really pleased to to give the blood though, if it helps with diagnostics, treatment or cure for this bugger my time here has been useful beyond my actual time.
Very happy with that. This same neurologist worked with Graeme Gow (worlds most envenomated man ha ha) every time he was bitten by a hot and they learned heaps about brown and mulga snake venom and it's effects on the neurological system
. Still confused by Death Adders though.

I'm not volunteering to help them with that experiment ha ha.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Last edited:
Have a gr8 year matey,

your Op have alot of words which hit home to me in reasons very different to your situation, but relevant.

ty

stay safe and enjoy your time

I hope you have a wonderful journey! And lots of amazing experiences. Wow that's some pretty cool antibodies you must have!

You inspired me to put a lot of **** behind and go have adventures and chase what I want :) thankyou and I can't wait to see more pictures and read about your year!

Wow, a beautiful, inspirational message you have shared. Thank you :) I can't imagine what you and your family are going through, but I do wish you happiness and fulfillment with the time you have left. I will take the time to appreciate the things I have in my life and I will hug my kids extra tight and more often. Wishing you every happiness through your journey in 2014 xx

"If you don't take risks you don't have adventures, if you don't have adventures, you don't have a life".
All the best to everyone here. Have a great 2014! Don't waste it!

and don't step on the aliens :)

I think there are a lot of people on here that live by your fathers words , I have recently been messaged by a member on the how's and where's of enjoying our lifestyle .

his few questions gave my 2013 a little highlight amongst the crappy year I have had . But my problems pale against others -- I did get another job my son did get an apprentice ship and at the moment my daughter is home ( after another stint away from xmas eve to Monday night . But we are all healthy is !!

Any further news on when you and Lynn might be making a move on that bucket list, Steve? Very heartening to see the support from others on the forum here, sounds like you'll both be making alot of new herpy friends on your up coming travels (some of us can be a bit "out there" ya know:)). All the best from all of us to both of you and your families:).

Thanks IV, now we know about the LEMS they are very confident that a 3 month chemo/ radiation treatment will eliminate the muscle weakness that is the most debilitating aspect of this illness at this stage. So I have agreed. This means we will get away in April. At least it takes the pressure off getting all the mods to the 80 series (now known as the Bucket ha ha) done. It also works well with getting to Nigaloo at peak whale shark season and the Centre will have cooled down a tad. (currently mid 40's). And now I can dream up more hits for the bucket list. I would love to get away now but given I couldn't even change a tyre at the moment the benefits of the wait are obvious.

Great news, sounds like a plan:)! I may be able to wangle that trip out to Docker/ Warakuna if you're up to it now? All looking forward to seeing you both anyway, whatever happens:)...promise we'll feed you this time!

Best of everything with it all mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back