New Rack Systems !

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakefreak16

Reaction score
DSC_0762m.jpgIMG_0365.jpgHere is my new awesome rack system ! a huge thankyou to Graham ( Cement on here ) he made the whole rack for me ! at a very affordable price !! if anyone wants a rack built shoot him a PM ! I cannot recommend him highly enough ! :)

Attachments

• DSC_0767.JPG
    DSC_0767.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
Looks really good mate. How do they go with the COP enclosure rules?

They look great exactly want I want for my room! Also very curious on what make those tubs are? I can't find decent flat bottom tubs any where!

Was the dog there for size perspective, LOL. Looks like it didnt want to miss out on getting its face on the net.

Looks really good mate. How do they go with the COP enclosure rules?

Nice rack!

What is the size of the tubs?

They look around 700-750mm wide? if that is the case they won't comply with the NSW Code of Practice for a climbing category D area of 0.625m2 (Albino Darwin) which comes into effect this year:(

Hmm, lots of concern regarding the code of practice.
The tubs are 1000 x 850 x 250. As far the cop goes, it depends what you put in it doesn't it...
I am quite sure that if you look closely you may notice that there isn't any heat cord installed as yet, so on further analysis you might come to the conclusion that maybe the darwin is just in there for looks. Sex sells you know and that is one hell of a snake! I am positive that Snakefreak would not leave his pride and joy in a tub with no heat. Come on guys... there are enough do gooders around. The tubs are massive, much bigger then any tub I have personally, they are fine for ANY python up to a certain size. I personally wouldn't keep a snake over 2 metres in it though. They are big enough to run dowell perches too. They are a great tub.

Fairly sure different COP rules apply for snakes less than 18 months old.

i still fail at understanding this stupid CoP( sorry to hijack the thread mate) can u use rack systems for adult stimmies??? if so what sizes?? PM me if rather keep it out of the thread...thx muchly

The tubs are 1000 x 850 x 250. As far the cop goes, it depends what you put in it doesn't it...
I am quite sure that if you look closely you may notice that there isn't any heat cord installed as yet, so on further analysis you might come to the conclusion that maybe the darwin is just in there for looks. Sex sells you know and that is one hell of a snake! I am positive that Snakefreak would not leave his pride and joy in a tub with no heat. Come on guys... there are enough do gooders around. The tubs are massive, much bigger then any tub I have personally, they are fine for ANY python up to a certain size. I personally wouldn't keep a snake over 2 metres in it though. They are big enough to run dowell perches too. They are a great tub.
Thanks for that, I wasn't sure what was being kept in the tubs , what actual size the tubs were or exactly what the COP rules are in NSW and that is why I was asking, I had heard it brought up so much on here that I thought I would ask. Also how do you usually heat these racks? I know Saximus has had the top tubs of his rack getting a few degrees warmer than the bottom tubs and am curious whether you experience the same issue.

The tubs are 1000 x 850 x 250..

At this size the area is 0.85m2 which will comply with all adult pythons up to category D (area of 0.625m2) depending on length, with a few dowell perches those tubs should be fine for what they class as "climbing" as well:)

Where did you purchase the tubs?

- - - Updated - - -

i still fail at understanding this stupid CoP( sorry to hijack the thread mate) can u use rack systems for adult stimmies??? if so what sizes?? PM me if rather keep it out of the thread...thx muchly

Stimmies are category A non climbing, which requires an area of 0.15m2 or 500mm x300m

I know Saximus has had the top tubs of his rack getting a few degrees warmer than the bottom tubs and am curious whether you experience the same issue.

With the haet cord at the back and the lventilation at the backs that shouldn't happen and certainly not at the front of the tub. The hot spot is not critical as long as the snake has a choice to find the optimen temperature. With a hot spot of say 30-35C above the heat cord the snake will be able to find a suitable temperature within the tub.

I have tested all variations of heat cords and having just the 2x routed slots at that distance apart u will struggle to get your warm spot to 30 + deg

The temperature achieved will depend upon the ambient temperture. Heat cord is generally about 10 watts per meter and so 2 runs across a half meter tub will onl provide about 10 watts of heat which will only raise the area adjacent to the cord by about 10 C above ambient. Aluminium tape may proide a heat bank and dissipate the heat over a larger area. The boottom of the tub also needs to contact the tape/cord to maximise heat tranfer so tubs without leg lugs work best.

Sorry for the late reply everyone, yes the german shepherd is in there to show the size of the rack ( it is huge !! ) like yellowbeard said they do apply with the code of practice ! Cement was right the albino was in there just to show how big the tubs are, the rack is awesome they come with everything you need :)

Awesome rack snakefreak! and good work cement. Got a question tho mate, where did you get those tubs from?

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure what was being kept in the tubs , what actual size the tubs were or exactly what the COP rules are in NSW and that is why I was asking, I had heard it brought up so much on here that I thought I would ask. Also how do you usually heat these racks? I know Saximus has had the top tubs of his rack getting a few degrees warmer than the bottom tubs and am curious whether you experience the same issue.

Heat rises so its logical for that to happen. In a heated room the ceiling will always be warmer then the floor, with differing levels of heat stratification right through the air column.
There is two heat cords in this rack one does the lower 4 shelves and one does the upper. If its a concern (1-2 degrees difference) you could put them on seperate thermostats and have the upper one turned back a bit. Or put the top end snakes up high and diamonds down the bottom. There is no rules here, the rack should be tested and used accordingly to suit what is being kept and the environment (room, shed, garage etc) it is being kept in. It is low wattage for a reason, in a controlled room it is easy to get the right temps without the problem of cooked animals if a thermostat dies. Having an insulated hide over the heat, stores and builds up heat as well.

I have tested all variations of heat cords and having just the 2x routed slots at that distance apart u will struggle to get your warm spot to 30 + deg
Thanks for your expert opinion, when it fails I will let you know, so you can show me how its done. I love your avatar ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back