Render ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MathersD

Reaction score
Hi all . So I have rendered my tank . What a mission . What should I use to seal it . Thats cost efficient and looks good . Must be clear . Would prefer a spray can . Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Hi Mathers, i cant remember the name of the sealant i used but if you cant find any in a spray can why not just get a spray bottle and mix the sealant with water so its thinner and just spray it on? Also take a look at lizard landscapes if you havent already as they help with what products and techniques to use.

I used pond sealer, you can put it into a spray bottle an apply it that way but i found it a lot easier just using a brush.

Rick

When I was reading into it, pond sealer was the go, but for a 'dry' (and small) setup such as mine outdoor PVA (possibly called professional or something like that) with about 5 thin coats and a light scattering of sand between coats to reduce the sheen did the trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was reading into it, pond sealer was the go, but for a 'dry' (and small) setup such as mine outdoor PVA (possibly called professional or something like that) with about 5 thin coats and a light scattering of sand between coats to reduce the sheen did the trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sealer i used was only $19 for a 1ltr container and it doesnt take much to apply to a background, i build a big 1200x700 background that stuck out 300mm from the wall that maybe used 400ml.

6e6yhage.jpg

It doesnt have much shine and i didnt need to add any sand, if anything it improved the colour of it all.

Rick

[MENTION=37722]Rogue5861[/MENTION] that's an excellent result, i'd have used it myself if I knew it had such a nice low sheen. There must be less effective products on the market because a lot of what I read was people cautioning others about how high gloss some of the pond sealers could be. nice work!

I used the one bunnings sells, its called Crommelins Pond Sealer Clear. Seems to work quite well in my opinion as i have washed over it a few times with no ill effects to the render, the ridge tailed monitors also run up and down it all day and it has stood up to their sharp claws.
y6yhu3u9.jpg

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back