Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smileysnake

Reaction score
hi everyone just a quick rant about some of those facebook sites i know they help alot of people and most people on them are very helpful,but there are a few people who firstly want stuff for nothing or at a massive discount...then there are people that want to buy a reptile but turn around and say can you sell it to me not on license..i then say something then i get abused anyone else had this problem,over the last week i have taken myself out of 3 groups because of this it sucks but just cant believe the nerve of some people...sorry rant over...:D

Ugh, small wall of text....
You will probably get that everywhere though.
Mind you, facebook seems to be a breeding ground for the less intelligent masses.....

Ugh, small wall of text....
You will probably get that everywhere though.
Mind you, facebook seems to be a breeding ground for the less intelligent masses.....
Couldn't say it better I try to stay away from those sites and I am 14

Couldn't say it better I try to stay away from those sites and I am 14

Good. I hope you eat your greens as well! ;)

On topic. It can be such a nasty place because it has such a huge user base and therefore you get a larger mix of personalities, ages and (dare I say it...) races and cultures than you would in a special interest forum.

Smiley
I have been stuffed around on another site 3 times, in resulting me keeping the reptiles cause I couldn't be bothered with people changing there minds. So it doesn't surprise me that facebook pages have issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just see so many people who have no idea on fb. People asking how to get their license one minute and the next they're asking who breeds red tail boas as they want one or they keep asking if anyone has this snake or that snake for sale and quality people reply, then they've got a snake, then the person they bought it off takes it back (don't even ask), then they get another one and the next day they are asking why it won't feed on a live mouse and why it keeps biting them. Argh
Don't get me wrong, people want to learn and ask questions and that is ok but try asking Google first and do some research (ie don't just read one thing and do it, read a bunch of different opinions and go with the majority) and then, if you're not sure, ask.

Ok, I'll stop ranting now too. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Is anyone selling scrubbies?"
"Sure, I have an adult female"
"Can you send pics?"
(sends pics)"Do you happen to have a class 2 licence?"
-Silence-.........

The amount of wild caught, off license and/or exotics (mainly corns) on them is disturbing and the attitude of those selling and swapping them is disgusting!

One post I was reading was this bloke that bought a wild caught lace monitor. Was asking why it wasn't eating and stressing out. When everyone told him it was wild caught he replied with "I'll take it on the train tomorrow and take it to the mountains."
The amount of bogans without a brain on them pages make me die a little inside.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

lol....im glad you guys are with me on this..i thought i was just being anal about it,but if so many of you have seen it then i feel better,i know i have only kept pythons for almost 2 years ,but its just the stupid questions like you guys have mentioned are just ridiculous,there was another yesterday..."anyone got a snake for sale for $50" ....it just really annoys me off think i will just keep my mouth shut from now on and just drool over the pictures of some beautiful snakes...thankyou mostly sane people on aps ...cheers...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not just FB where people get messed around.

This site has its fair share of sellers who seem to never want to reply to enquiries about animals they are advertising.....some of the 'bigger' breeders I have found to be the worst in terms of getting back to people about sales of animals they are advertising.

Maybe they are busy?.......even so.....Not sure why you would advertise if you don't have the time to reply to enquiries for two or three weeks (...and sometimes never..). Some don't disclose phone numbers so email or PM is the only means of trying to make contact.

At least this site does not have as many of the 'ridiculous' adverts that many of the FB pages have. Then there is the abuse and ego's to deal with on most of the FB pages - of which many are only created to feed ego's of those who admin them. I was subscribed to many but have dropped the majority of them.....too much BS that I really don't need.....and not sure that I would want to take in animals from some of the types that hang around those sites anyways.....

Facebook is FUN
Plenty of serious groups there

Plenty of places to play around too

Facebook is FUN
Plenty of serious groups there

Plenty of places to play around too

Yeah sure is mate... In some instances you can do a little poking around to see who you are selling too or purchasing from by checking out their Facebook profile.. In addition you can weed out the bullies & trolls by creating closed groups where members have to be approved by an admin before joining... There's loads of reptile sites, Facebook, gumtree & forums where ads are posted & the seller dosnt even have the decency to reply...

I saw someone offering to trade a snake for other snakes or lizards or a play station lol. Another one I'm in is for Antaresia pythons which is fine, I see some nice photos every so often, but it seems like everyone from overseas calls them 'ants' and not stimsons, spotted, childreni etc., and refers to these wierd morph names I've never heard of. I can't exactly rationalise it but it Kind of annoys me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=38538]bdav70[/MENTION] It's not only people overseas that call them Ants or give them the strange morph names.

Meh, I get myself into too much trouble on FB so closed my page down..... I can live without it lol
There are some great Reptile groups on there though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back