Pretty cute I must say!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissScarlett

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just love this pic of my sons spiny leaf insect !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 130
They are the cutest :D

My step son breeds them, this is one of the babies

Attachments

• IMG_4182.jpg
    IMG_4182.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 89
Not a fan of inverts but I will say they have cool eyes at least, lol.

One of mine. :p We've got about 50 of them now. Hatched them all ourselves from a friend's eggs.

Attachments

• IMG_7220.jpg
    IMG_7220.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 67
They are awesome! I'd love to hatch some too! Ate there any tricks to hatch the eggs?

Rested our eggs on sphagnum moss in a closed container with ventilation in the top and sprayed them once a day. The ones we sprayed a bit too much unfortunately got mould on them so it can be a bit of a trick to get the right amount of moisture. The eggs look really pretty too!

I lost mine to a sudden Singapore ant mass attack. Turned out we had a supercolony in the roof. Not for long.

I love Spiny's, if wasn't about to hit the road I'd get some more.

Not a fan of inverts but I will say they have cool eyes at least, lol.
I pretty much only want an invertebrate to "complete" my collection, unless you count the crickets and roaches as pets:rolleyes:... Then I'll have at least one fish,reptile,bird,mammal and amphibian

Even if it's just a piece of coral it's still an inverabrate

Last edited:
I pretty much only want an invertebrate to "complete" my collection... Then I'll have at least one fish,reptile,bird,mammal and amphibian

They don't live long though which is unfortunate... I've always wanted moon jelly fish but they don't live long either :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Very cool. Mind if I share my newest stick insect too?

e7ezezaq.jpg

This has been an interesting morning.
I out both of my wattle feeding- Botany Bay weevils on my hand for a pic, but they had different plans :p
2a2y2egu.jpg

Katydid/hopper photobomb :D

You ruined their moment! lol actually...maybe not..carry on! lol

They don't live long though which is unfortunate... I've always wanted moon jelly fish but they don't live long either :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I know(unless it's a clam!400yr) I'd love a comb jelly, sun coral and/or scorpion

you should check out/talk to marine bouquet

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool. Mind if I share my newest stick insect too?

e7ezezaq.jpg
Aren't they they ones also known as peppermint stick insects?
i love those ones(idk why) if it wasn't for their need for pandanus I wouldn't mind one

Last edited:
Yeah, I know(unless it's a clam!400yr) I'd love a comb jelly, sun coral and/or scorpion

you should check out/talk to marine bouquet

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't they they ones also known as peppermint stick insects?
i love those ones(idk why) if it wasn't for their need for pandanus I wouldn't mind one

Sourcing Pandanus in the ACT is a pain but I managed to get 5 small plants online.
Happy to pm you (so this thread doesn't get derailed further) if you'd like more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back