Results of Overheating Incubator

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild~Touch

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
IMG_0047.jpgIn the recent extreme hot weather here in Qld. the incubator overheated

3 thickies hatched alive and well :) yet to be seen what else survived

All angle headed dragon eggs perished :(

1 wheeleri hatched is alive and well but his brother didn't hatch- see pics below

I have heaps of thickie eggs and wheeleri eggs and ring tailed eggs still to hatch ...be interesting to see what actually survived the overheating issue

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
im im thinking of getting a southern angle headed dragon hatchling how do you know its a healthy one?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

im im thinking of getting a southern angle headed dragon hatchling how do you know its a healthy one?

IMO...If it is alert + active and has a little fat belly should be OK
Good Luck they are interesting to keep

- - - Updated - - -

As sad as it is those pics are quite cool. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks Umbral

Sad but interesting to see how they fit inside the egg this one looks so close to hatching, hey!

A few years back when we had some very hot weeks I also had my incubator overheat.
Very disapointing to wait so long for ridge tail monitors to hatch and then they all fail.
The one I opened, like your gecko was almost perfectly formed.
My incubator is a converted (working) bar fridge. Since that happened I added a cooling thermostat to the fridge part and it kicks in to cool as needed.
It has been running for short periods this summer and temps have been kept stable.

book

Yes it is disappointing when they are perfect but for taking a breath :(

Your cooling idea sounds good...usually I put an ice brick in the incubator when extreme heat is predicted ... but negected to do so as I was out grocery shopping :(

2 more thickies hatched this morning so they must be tough little buggas

how long should you leave your uv light on for southern angle headed dragons please reply to me!!! and what voltage!!!!!

They where very interesting photos, educational in fact.
Sorry for your loss though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back