Rate My Click Clack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By more robust I mean better quality soldering and components and also made better and yes good quality electronics last longer than poor quality and will last better with a bit of rough treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By more robust I mean better quality soldering and components and also made better and yes good quality electronics last longer than poor quality and will last better with a bit of rough treatment.

wasting your time trying to explain it to a non electrician. I've had similar debates with non tradesman over ryobi drills vs name brands like dewalt and makita. They don't know enough about the components used and like you pointed out quality of solder joins and electronic components used.

I'm all for people who don't use tools much buying a cheaper alternative. But don't for a second believe they are comparable to the longer lasting brands that have stood the test of time kicking around work vans.
I've seen tradesmen try the cheaper options too. Only to go back to the trusted brands once their cheap toy breaks.

- - - Updated - - -

*you still have to do your homework though. A good brand name isn't always the best. A bit of communication wih various trades on site gives you a quick heads up though. People using them everyday is the only real test.
Here for example we have two electricians commenting on the undeniable quality of Fluke equipment. Blokes who have used various Fluke and many other brands of measuring equipment with a combined total of probably over 40 years. Versus some bloke who thinks he is PAC man.

Last edited by a moderator:
wasting your time trying to explain it to a non electrician. I've had similar debates with non tradesman over ryobi drills vs name brands like dewalt and makita. They don't know enough about the components used and like you pointed out quality of solder joins and electronic components used.

I'm all for people who don't use tools much buying a cheaper alternative. But don't for a second believe they are comparable to the longer lasting brands that have stood the test of time kicking around work vans.
I've seen tradesmen try the cheaper options too. Only to go back to the trusted brands once their cheap toy breaks.

- - - Updated - - -

*you still have to do your homework though. A good brand name isn't always the best. A bit of communication wih various trades on site gives you a quick heads up though. People using them everyday is the only real test.
Yes very true, I think with a small collection and a bit of care taken with the cheaper heat gun it would be ok. I too have cheaper power tools sometimes when it is something I will use maybe 6 times a year but definitely use quality gear for stuff I use regularly.

- - - Updated - - -

Here for example we have two electricians commenting on the undeniable quality of Fluke equipment. Blokes who have used various Fluke and many other brands of measuring equipment with a combined total of probably over 40 years. Versus some bloke who thinks he is PAC man.
No he's not snowy I just revving him up abit like he does to me.... I fully understand where u coming from guys as all my tools r either snap on or blue point and my 2 combined boxes r worth over 30k so u don't c me drilling a hole with a bunnings special ha ha.... I remember yrs ago when them heat guns come out and wow they were expensive but it's jmo that I tried and tested the cheap one to compare since the china factories make most of them these days and when I took it into work to compare then the boss was spewing how much they spent... Had mine 18 months now and hasn't missed a beat.... U have to weigh up that if u spent $10 bucks every few yrs then it Gota be worth it but I still yet to c a cheap one break... So u can't put them in the same brkt as a $25 battery drill... In that instance u do get what u pay for lol... Just ask my neighbour that keeps popping over to borrow mine :(

I work on an industrial site with 14 other electricians so if I ever want a tool that will last me a lifetime I have a look and see what tools have lasted more than a year here haha. We have a Fluke temp gun that's a couple of years old so I'd say that it can take most things you throw at it.
It's even easier when you need something fitters use, if it lasts more than a couple of months then it's brilliant. Sidchrome spanners all the way.

[MENTION=29458]The_Geeza[/MENTION] dear me, are you always drunk?
[MENTION=34534]andynic07[/MENTION] [MENTION=16366]Snowman[/MENTION] if I understand you both correctly, the Fluke temp guns are worth the price for reliability and longevity but for a simple pet owner who does not frequently use it and treats it with due care a cheaper one will suffice?

@The_Geeza dear me, are you always drunk?
@andynic07 @Snowman if I understand you both correctly, the Fluke temp guns are worth the price for reliability and longevity but for a simple pet owner who does not frequently use it and treats it with due care a cheaper one will suffice?
Yeah cheap is fine. But test it against something every few years as the calibration may deteriorate with time. I just can't bring myself to buy crap tools. Yet thermometers I just buy the cheap ones from bunnings. The temp gun is a bit more sophisticated so I wanted a good one. I like to record ground temps in my field guides when I go herping and see something.

^^^ I do.... Best thing since sliced bread... I have 5 of the regular cheap thermometers some double probes and all 5 read different so I rely on my gun these days and check it against other more accurate equipment

I have the same hide in mine! But FYI my hatchie won't have a bar of it, best bet put 2 toilet rolls possibly one cut in half and a tuna box in there for the little guy. Maybe move your thermostat and probe to the bottom of the click clack, but make sure there is no tape securing it. Snakes and tape do not mix!

I've got 30 odd Hatchie carpets at the moment. They won't have a bar of toilet rolls. Love tuna boxes though.

The dowels appear to go straight through the tub. If so are they secured so they cant slip out on one end to enable the snake to escape?
I cut my dowels to fit the tub then drill through the tub into the dowel and insert screws to hold the dowel.

Thread title needs to be changed to rate my infrared thermo. Hehe

Dowels have a bolt going through each end so they can't be pulled out. Tape securing on the outside of the tub so she can't contact it. Using both her hides and exploring at night and has started eating for me so she seems pretty content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back