Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

colubridlover

Reaction score
Hello all.
My first solo post.

I would love to hear from everyone who keeps, breeds colubrids.
Love to see some pics of your own snakes and set-ups.

Attachments

• 133.jpg
    133.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 289
  • 120.jpg
    120.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 221.jpg
    221.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 285
  • 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 285
  • 085.jpg
    085.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 270
Nice set up! I'm curious, how hard is it to feed tree snakes, I've heard mixed reports from only taking fish to people saying they smash mice, or do they start on fish and ease onto mice?

i used to but not anymore here are a couple of pics View attachment 307021View attachment 307022View attachment 307023View attachment 307024View attachment 307025enclosure and pond/waterfall were all handmade by me it had a pump with a misting system/fogger...let me know if pics dont work

- - - Updated - - -

did pics work
:D

love the set up.
would have been a lot of fun cleaning all the poo.
One of biggest downfall of colubrids is amount of poo.

do you still have that common tree snake?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice set up! I'm curious, how hard is it to feed tree snakes, I've heard mixed reports from only taking fish to people saying they smash mice, or do they start on fish and ease onto mice?

personally I don't think they process furr well.
i keep to fish, plus easy to throw fish into its bowl and they move around causing snake to naturally be curious.
i do use pinkie mice to fatten snakes befor cooling.

either way they're great snakes to keep
i love them

Here is a couple of pictures of my keelback that I have.
First is when I just got it:
2011-12-16 09.48.11.jpg
The next one is around a years growth later:
DSC_1002.jpg
And this last one is my most recent picture of it:
a41.jpg
Awesome snakes to keep these guys. Need to track down a couple more eventually to breed them.
Cheers Cameron

if it is its beautiful.Actually it is beautiful all together. what kind of brown is it (locale) @SniperCap? might look at getting one!

If you are thinking "Brown" as in Eastern or Western, its not the same mate. As C-B-H said above, it's a Brown Tree Snake, also known as a Night Tiger, Dolls Eye or Banded Tree snake depending on who you are talking to.

All of mine are either Katherine or NT Top End locale.

If you are thinking "Brown" as in Eastern or Western, its not the same mate. As C-B-H said above, it's a Brown Tree Snake, also known as a Night Tiger, Dolls Eye or Banded Tree snake depending on who you are talking to.

All of mine are either Katherine or NT Top End locale.

Yeah I meant brown as in brown tree snake, I know all about these critters as I have a family living in a hollowed out tree on my 160 acre block. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

WA Kimberly locale..
Really keen to get the black and white version...

personally I don't think they process furr well.
i keep to fish, plus easy to throw fish into its bowl and they move around causing snake to naturally be curious.
i do use pinkie mice to fatten snakes befor cooling.

either way they're great snakes to keep
i love them

What type of fish did you use colubridlover? Just regular feeder fish? And did you ever breed the fish yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I meant brown as in brown tree snake, I know all about these critters as I have a family living in a hollowed out tree on my 160 acre block. Sorry for the misunderstanding!
Family? BTS are usually solitary....

Yeah don't see much of the youngster any more but the male and female( I think) seem to still live there. yiu only see them together in the arvo or middle of the day.

Yeah don't see much of the youngster any more but the male and female( I think) seem to still live there. yiu only see them together in the arvo or middle of the day.
Cool. Snag a pic of them for us when you get a chance.

Brown tree snakes eat mammals easily. And they don't spray poop everywhere like GTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back