Python found in kennel after eating family pet dog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
50 year old snake - whoa! I wonder how they tell the age of pythons.

Dogs with chains and cats with bells ,its not natural and cause indigestion.
Bit of handling and the carpet would regurgitate ,no need for operations and the like.
Suppose someone could just pull on the chain.

Apparently pulling can cause damage, there was a thread on here about a snake eating a heat cord and I thought that the cord being fairly thin and smooth that pulling it out would be easy but was informed that it can actually hurt the snake even if it was long and smooth like the cord.

Dogs with chains and cats with bells ,its not natural and cause indigestion.
Bit of handling and the carpet would regurgitate ,no need for operations and the like.
Suppose someone could just pull on the chain.
Wouldn't it still be attached to the dog???

I wish they would stop referring to it as a dog.

pretty amazing story. I have my doubts about the 50 year old estimate on the snake's age. Credit to the dog's owner though for not harming the snake after finding it

any idea what type it was?
50 yr old coastal that ate the hamster form of a dog...love some of the exaggeration the press give out and they get paid well cause they went to UNI ;)

Wouldn't it still be attached to the dog???

At the time they found i suppose the chain was attached to the collar ,worst if you put tension on the chain would be the dogs head coming off.

Why would you chain up such a small dog in the first place ?
Sad for the dog but its not the pythons fault.

so sad for the dog but not snakeys fault. If that was my dog i would be absolutely devo

Why would you chain up such a small dog in the first place ?
Sad for the dog but its not the pythons fault.

Because when you have a dog that small it could walk though fence palings lol, I think the question you really want to ask is why would you have a dog that small ;)

50yr old python hey?
It was a water python that are that croc?
What a croc? Another journo who couldn't be bothered doing sufficient research.
Finally, now I can sell my story about my children's python who ate a horse.

Fil...

I was wondering as well how they got the age of the snake do they talk python spose they might have gone to uni for that mind the snke looks fair age at that but fifty crikey the snake would be the oldest in the world now wouldnt it. Mmmm might be onto something here better go find one for the paper as well might sell a few

Apparently pulling can cause damage, there was a thread on here about a snake eating a heat cord and I thought that the cord being fairly thin and smooth that pulling it out would be easy but was informed that it can actually hurt the snake even if it was long and smooth like the cord.
Has the owner just tried calling the dog out or maybe try to bribe the dog to come out with a bone? lol

I read somewhere (no idea where, some link off Facebook I think) that the dog is chained so it can't chase wildlife. If that's the case, good on the owner!

If so, it is a little ironic though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back