Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha sounds like fun! Nothing like a good project bike to fill the garage, empty your wallet and leave you addicted to mods... My zxr400 track bike did that to me :p

Nah the kato is my bf's, very kindly has given me free rein to ride anything in the garage.. Including the 2011 gixxer thou lol ;)
Haven't taken him up on it yet, but keen as to get on the kato in the next few weeks.

Make sure you post some updated pics as you progress with the motard project!

yqysy6y9.jpg

My ride is a fz6r with the throttle restriction removed so it's not quite LAMS approved anymore. Lots of fun and very comfy :)

@MrThumper, that is one serious machine!! Very impressive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol
Throttle restriction , yehhhhhh had a throttle stick on me today that fun , my knee too the low side fall :( not do fun lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of you may remember that a work mate of mine had a high voltage electrical accident just over 12 months ago and nearly died. His arms were so burnt that he had to have one amputated just below the elbow and the other just above his elbow. He came into work this week to show us how his rehab is going and has one prosthesis finally finished and fitted. He can now shave his face for the first time since his accident.

Some of you may remember that a work mate of mine had a high voltage electrical accident just over 12 months ago and nearly died. His arms were so burnt that he had to have one amputated just below the elbow and the other just above his elbow. He came into work this week to show us how his rehab is going and has one prosthesis finally finished and fitted. He can now shave his face for the first time since his accident.

How awesome is that, very humbling to read. Makes me appreciate myself a bit more(I have health issues but none like that) Good on him and I wish him continued success and support in his rehabilitation. Thanks for sharing

How awesome is that, very humbling to read. Makes me appreciate myself a bit more(I have health issues but none like that) Good on him and I wish him continued success and support in his rehabilitation. Thanks for sharing
Yes he was a very active and determined man. He is over 50 and took up mountain bike riding about 6 years ago as a big lifestyle change and was competing on the world stage in 24 hour solo endurance races. He has not been able to get on a bike since for obvious reasons but has finished the last Gold Coast half marathon. He is a big inspiration to me and he is planning on returning to work in some capacity. He didn't give up and that is what I think we can all take from him and apply to our lives.

People are so freaking careless and stupid with their animals and treat their pets like inanimate objects that they can just buy and sell as they please. Never mind the fact that it's a living, breathing creature, as long as you can make a quick buck out of it. *rant over*

A big I hate you to the guy who decided to change the western sydney line train time tables. Getting up at 4:30 to be able to get to work by 8am when it's only 30 minutes away is ridiculous.

wow.hes 1 lucky guy to still be here, just when ya thought u were having a bad day and u hear something like this……. It doesn't compare

- - - Updated - - -

A big I hate you to the guy who decided to change the western sydney line train time tables. Getting up at 4:30 to be able to get to work by 8am when it's only 30 minutes away is ridiculous.

Huh?? Stuff that!!!

Nirvana

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 6.32.13 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 6.32.13 AM.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 149
I need to vent. I drank far to much last night I feel horrible and ive got no one else to blame

^this will be me in the morning.. My sympathies! Have to work the early shift too :(

So I try to be more social and get fit by starting indoor spot on a Tuesday night... We play a different sport every week and are in mixed boy-girl teams... Fun, right?

It was, until an opponent and I locked shins playing soccer. Long story short - all day wednesday spent at the drs and getting x-rayed, on bed rest until at least Sunday. I was supposed to start a new job today but it's not going to happen, can't even put weight on it. My whole right leg in in a stupid bandage/splint thing because I've badly sprained my ankle and done something to my shin that I guess means it's fractured?

Oh and after I got home on Tues night I burnt the back of my right leg on my bf's bike exhaust when I was getting off. Right behind where my shin got hit.

No walking, no riding, no working...

Drinking it is! With fingers crossed for everyone further north with Cycl Ita rolling in and hoping it doesn't decide to head down the coast.

Thankfully am now down home for a visit, not up North like normally am, shouldn't hit Townsville too badly but poor Cooktown and surrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back