Hi

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy91

Reaction score
I'm new to this site and also new too reptile keeping. I have a 4 month old wheatbelt stimmie and a seven week old bredli. I've never had an issue with my stimmie but I've been bitten by my bredli every time I've handled it. Will this snake grow out of this behaviour?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

at just 7 weeks old its quite normal for any python to be snappy, while not a true rule, in general the younger a python the more defensive it will be, ideally you would want to keep handling to a minimum until it is really settled in, and even then only for a little while, once it grows into a big confident adult it likely will settle down a lot more.

Welcome to APS!
Handle your bredli only as you need to start with, when you need to clean its enclosure/click clack. Then over the coming weeks start to handle it a little more, in between the feed cycle (not just before or after a feed). You will find it will settle down slowly. Bredli are notorious for being snappy juveniles/hatchies.

Hello and Welcome, Some hatchies are snappy(defensive) some are not.... I tend to find once they reach about 12 months or more they come around. I dont handle them excessively only when necessary :)

Hi and welcome to ASP!

i too am only a new-ish member and new to snake keeping. I have a 9 week old Stimson and he is brilliant! I admire your bravery go going straight to 2 snakes, especially if one is a bredli! I don't even think I will get another snake but you never know what the future holds...

Thanks everyone. For your kind words and support. I woke up this morning and went too check on my babies and alas my bredli baby has escaped and I can't find him anywhere :(

Thanks everyone. For your kind words and support. I woke up this morning and went too check on my babies and alas my bredli baby has escaped and I can't find him anywhere :(

Don't panic or lose hope, plenty of lost snakes are found eventually!

There are a lot of good threads on here with tips on where to look. My bredli escaped through a hole drilled for a probe once :/ showed up two days later behind the TV (which I'd checked about 100 times!!) on a power board getting warm.

Hope he turns up soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, mine escaped from a similar hole used for thermostat probe. I found him in the children's toybox haha. Luckily I found him before my children did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back