Bredli feeding help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Fantastic

Reaction score
I have just recently purchased my first python. He's a 5 month old Bredli and I was just after a bit of info on how often to feed him.
Currently feeding wieners.
Wanting my python to grow as big as possible without doing any harm to the snake. From all the caresheets I'm finding online I'm gettibg very inconsistent information ranging from 5 days to 3 weeks for a juvenile.
What's your recommendation on how often you would feed one?

I don't currently own a python, but I'm looking at getting one really soon. From what I've read when they're young, they're supposed to eat more often...But don't trust my opinion, there are some other people on here that'd be able to help a lot better than I could. ;)

gday nice choice mate Bredli,s are so docile...plan on between 15 - 20% of snake's total body weight as the size of your feed so for example 1kg snake feed size would be between 150g - 200g.....good luck and let us know how you go....:D

As smileysnake said. 15 - 20% of body weight every 7 days for young ones. Mine get fed on Sunday night. You can stretch them out to fortnightly after about 2 years of age. My 4yrd old Bredli female is on fortnightly & is a very healthy girl & my yearling girl is still weekly.

Why not ask the person it was purchased from at the time of purchase , after all they were feeding it!

The % thing is ok ISH but we can't all go weighing r collections all the time... U get to know your snakes / size and requirements so what kitten said is the norm

Not the most trusting of the sellers opinions on feeding. I'd be sure they'd feed the minimum and as ive discovered, he should be on far bigger than wiener mice like I was told.

Not the most trusting of the sellers opinions on feeding. I'd be sure they'd feed the minimum and as ive discovered, he should be on far bigger than wiener mice like I was told.
Im not quite sure what u mean in this post???
Going back to your original question...Hatchie to 6 months every 5 days
6 months to a yearling every 7 days
Yealing to the age of 2 every 10 days
After that I feed fortnighty but my larger aduls get fed large items like rabbits and they get fed monthly or when I feel its time for a feed.......this is no way written in stone its just how I like to keep it....as long as I see a decent bulge then im happy

To the OP maybe you should you know. Do some research before impulse buying and not knowing something as simple as when to feed rofl.

I find the % thing very good guide to use when snakes are young and use a similar regime as PDM but move to about 3 weeks. Once a snake slows its growing you only need to maintain condition so the feed does not need to be as big.

I think you are being a little unfair here [MENTION=38897]Beans[/MENTION] as the op is checking what the breeder said because the breeder had already given them wrong information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find the % thing very good guide to use when snakes are young and use a similar regime as PDM but move to about 3 weeks. Once a snake slows its growing you only need to maintain condition so the feed does not need to be as big.

I think you are being a little unfair here [MENTION=38897]Beans[/MENTION] as the op is checking what the breeder said because the breeder had already given them wrong information.

Urgh don't talk to me about fairness. Had he research properly he wouldn't need to ask. One thing that I have learned here is people are so anal about that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Urgh don't talk to me about fairness. Had he research properly he wouldn't need to ask. One thing that I have learned here is people are so anal about that.

you have asked many a newbie question yourself and the forum is here to help as it's better to ask than not...and because it's a human interactive ( sit behind a pc) u will always come across the oddballs ... Take the forum as it is or don't use it... Some of us have learnt the hard way but we r still here ;)

Oh yes I understand. I also understand that it's hard to ask any question I have found without a mass amount of bullies jumping to have their fun too. Anyway I will hijack this thread no longer.

Oh how the tables have turned hey?
https://aussiepythons.com/forum/gen...on-42/new-hatchie-enclosure-questions-208374/

I wonder what makes you think it's okay to be so rude about it to another person, regardless of your previous experiences. Have an opinion, fine, but don't forget that these posts are all made by a real person.

Yeah that was bad k when I thought people here were nice.

Oh yes I understand. I also understand that it's hard to ask any question I have found without a mass amount of bullies jumping to have their fun too. Anyway I will hijack this thread no longer.

You're the only one in this thread who has said anything unkind. If you have encountered unfriendly people on here, the answer is not to become a bully yourself, especially to beginners who are simply looking for advice.

To the OP, hatchy Bredli shouldn't need to be on mice at all. They should be able to take pinky or even fuzzy rats from birth. So weiner mice definitely sounds too small. The percentage rule people have suggested here is a nice simple rule for a beginner to follow until you get a bit more experience. So you might as well stick to that for now IMO

I feed my 9 month old bredli once a week on small mice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back