Pied bearded dragon!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow very interesting, now when can I get a pied Siklback bearded lol

i don't like it. I can't even stand to see the silkies. They look so deformed and retarded

I'm not a "purist" by any means, but this looks diseased.

Why spend lots of money when the same affect can be achieved with a bottle of liquid paper?

Why spend lots of money when the same affect can be achieved with a bottle of liquid paper?

Before I read your post, I thought they had spilt bleach on it. They try and go for the outrageous colours overseas, don't they?

That doesn't surprise me KP.
As pied animals are a defect in the Neural Crest producing all pigmentation.
The Neural Crest runs from the skull and down the spine and then down the sides of the body.

So if you have a true Pied animal, you will have a mostly coloured/patterned head with varying degrees of lack of colours/patterns down the sides.
Have a look at the pied Antaresia stimsoni, they all have varying degrees of pigment loss and they all have the pigment on their heads.

**disclaimer**
Some of my terminology may be out a little, but it portrays the genetic deformity of Pied animals.
Best to do some research on it yourself if you want a better understanding :)

Wow, an amazing amount of hate speech for something as simple as a pigment anomoly.
Come on guys...

i don't like it. I can't even stand to see the silkies. They look so deformed and retarded
So I'm gathering this go's for leathers as well? When I first saw the photo I thought I was fake lol, it still seems far fetched to me.

I honestly don't mind the leathers because they still look fairly normal. But the silkies and this photo of a pied look horrible. My opinion only

Opinions not hate speech. People are entitled to their opinions.

Hey check this out!

64556.jpg

A human(very beautiful and sucessful one), Winnie Chantelle with the same condition. Would you tolerate her being called 'diseased ' or 'retarded'?
Not opinions in a decent world my friend...

whatever mate, I dont see any hateful content in this thread but you seem to think there is. I never said those words anyway, they ARE only opinions. You like to stir things I have noticed

Try not to defend words that aren't yours, you really don't know what their intentions are.
You say I like to stir? That's just an opinion really...
Forums would be pretty quiet and boring places if everyone thought and felt the same on every matter...

Hey check this out!

A human(very beautiful and sucessful one), Winnie Chantelle with the same condition. Would you tolerate her being called 'diseased ' or 'retarded'?
Not opinions in a decent world my friend...

You're comparing what occurs by chance in humans with defects we intentionally select for & attempt to replicate in animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back