Ceramic heat emitters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Norm

Just after people's thoughts on the different shaped ceramic heat emitters? Which do most people use, the flatter or cone shaped ones? Or doesn't it matter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Read somewhere that the conical ones (which are more expensive) last longer. Have mainly used the conical ones, with no problems.

I use both, find they both work great there are differences though, I find the cone shaped ones concentrate the heat in a smaller area, where the flat ones tend to cover a greater heating radius although less concentrated. I think life depends on whether you are using the correct thermostat.

I use both, find they both work great there are differences though, I find the cone shaped ones concentrate the heat in a smaller area, where the flat ones tend to cover a greater heating radius although less concentrated. I think life depends on whether you are using the correct thermostat.
That's interesting you say that about coverage. We haven't experienced that ourselves, and we recently started using a different brand of "flat" CHE (Viper). This one has a guaranteed life of seven years from memory.

Ive used both, cone shape that im using now is on its 3rd year....with thermostat.

That's interesting you say that about coverage. We haven't experienced that ourselves, and we recently started using a different brand of "flat" CHE (Viper). This one has a guaranteed life of seven years from memory.

GCE-003 Heat Emitter 75W | Reptile Direct Australia I brought a few from reptile direct, I says in the description that the flat one have a broader basking area but the cone ones are more concentrated. I have noticed the difference too. although im not sure where you buy yours from so they could be different.

We bought our first CHE about 13 years ago, and it outlasted our beardie who was about 2 at the time. He lived to the age of 13. That was in the days before all of the excellent information on the net.

Only thing a don't like with ceramic heaters is that u don't know when they blow .
u need to check temps every day to be sure their working......
i got 1 new one u can have for free !!!!!! :)

Or 6 pack ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back