Hello all.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Primo

Reaction score
This is my first post here.

I enjoy the carpets and have one. I decided I could learn a thing or two here so I decided to join up.

We have a collection of three snakes here.

The first is a pure locality Barranquilla, Colombian boa constrictor BCI. He is from Gus Rentfro's Rio Bravo locality lines.

This fella is a click over 2 years old, a bit longer than 5 feet, apologies, we staters dropped the ball on the sensible metric system. He is lean, but quite thick and heavy.

I bought this snake after we had my son's royal for a year. I was hooked after his birthday present snake.

This is Sniper. He's a beautiful boa.
DSC01313.jpg

DSC01297-1.jpg
The first snake here and the one that started us off was/is the royal. She has been a perfect snake.

Her name is Hunter. My son named her.

DSC01359.jpg

DSC01368.jpg
Finally, we get to the carpet. She's a mutt, and here in the states I believe that is common place.

I bought her as a coastal, her parents are photographed here.

20130202_155153.jpg

I was lucky enough to get the opinion of Nick Mutton, and he felt our girl could be a coastal x diamond or a coastal x jungle. Obviously I'll never know as the breeder rescued the mother of my snake. She is 9.5 feet long, and you can see the father in the background looking very similar in color and pattern.

This is my girl. (Jewel)

She is about 1 year plus. A click or two over 3 feet long.

DSC01391.jpg
DSC01386.jpg
She might be a mutt but we really like her. My daughter came up with the name Jewel. She is popped not probed yet so she could be a he in the end.

DSC01393.jpg

I don't breed any of these animals as we just like the pet aspect of snakes. My wife is not a fan so we're lucky to have 3.

Glad to be here, and if you think you have an idea, guess, or whatever. Let me know what you think the carpet may be. I know it's really impossible to tell, but even slightly ball park is OK by me.

I almost forgot. These are the cages.
DSC01380.jpg
The carpet is up top, the boa bottom and the royal is in the tank.
DSC01375.jpg
This was before I had finished the boa's cage and when he still lived up top.
DSC01283.jpg

I usually provide a few hours of moonlight before total darkness.

Thanks for looking and apologies if I tagged on too many photos

Last edited:
Thats a crazy pattern on Sniper, hes absolutely stunning!!!

Lovely enclosures too!!

Thank you both! I just figured out the time difference was the reason nobody had replied. Face Book kills a lot of these chat boards and I was worried it had happened here. Then I remembered we're off a bit on time.

I'll eventually drift into the carpet forums, but figured I'd do a pop in over here and get all of the formalities out of the way.

Are you all able to own boa constrictors down there?

It depends on the state you live in but a permit is easy to get on the internet and pretty cheap

I wish more people agreed with you, Primo!

You have some beautiful snakes and some amazing enclosures. Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back