Albino Darwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveang2010

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to the reptile hobby and have a nice Woma juvi coming along and am looking to expand my collection if you want to call it that.

I love the look of Albino Darwin Carpets and was considering purchasing one but would like everyones input as in their care and temperament.

I have read a lot of conflicting articles regarding their ease of care and "typical" Darwin attitudes but getting some input from those of you with experience would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

I have a 4year NT carpet het albino. not had her for that long, but never struck previous owner and never struck me. she was my first snake so I was uneasy and nervous around her at first, but never struck.

atm having difficulties feeding her, but we recently moved her to a new enclosure so this may be the issue. I wouldn't say it can attributed to her species.

I have a male Albino about 2yr old. Great python beautiful temperament never bitten very good feeding response. Perfect python. Everybody handles him with ease.

Also have a hatchling female, she is a bit snappy atm as a lot of hatchies are but once handled she's fine. Little fussy with feeding atm but still eats, just takes her a while.

I have owner diamonds, bredlis, BHPs. Albinos def my favourite. Definitely recommend them.

I have 2 albinos both are great to handle. Im sure there are aggressive ones out there but it seems most are fairly chilled.

What size enclosure do you have him in?

I have a male Albino about 2yr old. Great python beautiful temperament never bitten very good feeding response. Perfect python. Everybody handles him with ease.

Also have a hatchling female, she is a bit snappy atm as a lot of hatchies are but once handled she's fine. Little fussy with feeding atm but still eats, just takes her a while.

I have owner diamonds, bredlis, BHPs. Albinos def my favourite. Definitely recommend them.

Lol well any snake can be a ****head, I've heard and read that darwins are aggressive. But my darwin is a complete puppy with the most gentle nature I have ever seen in any snake. So I guess it just comes down to the individual

Having dealt with hundreds of Darwins they are generally quite snappy. For some reason the Albino Darwins on the other hand are generally very good to handle.

yea mine was snappy in the start but calmed down within 2 days! now he is very chilled and mashing down food!

Having dealt with hundreds of Darwins they are generally quite snappy. For some reason the Albino Darwins on the other hand are generally very good to handle.
Exactly that. As hatchies some albinos are a little bitey, but not for long. Normal Darwins are the extreme opposite. Our Darwin boy is getting better, but still not game enough to let him climb up my arm. His was more nervousness than aggression, but the bites still drew blood.

Exactly that. As hatchies some albinos are a little bitey, but not for long. Normal Darwins are the extreme opposite. Our Darwin boy is getting better, but still not game enough to let him climb up my arm. His was more nervousness than aggression, but the bites still drew blood.

Mines an angel. Comes down to the individual snake

My albino boy (~18 months) is puppy tame, had him since a hatchy and only been bitten once when i first got him. my normal darwin, 7 foot 5 year male, is also quite tame, slightly cage defensive but again only been bitten once when i first got him. I definitely recommend albino darwins, they are gorgeous! He has a 3x2x2 foot enclosure currently but will be moving him and the other up to 4x2x2 enclosures some time soon.
Definitely get yourself one!

All snakes can be aggressive but a lot are not. We have 2 spotted's that are just puppies and don't bite and we haven't been bitten in over 3 years but this took time. If you have the time to handle your snakes often they will be calm. We just got a jungle yesterday and he has tagged me once already. We were told by the people we bought him off the the previous owner to them had neglected him so it will take a while to calm him down. The Darwins we have come in contact with thru friends HAVE NOT been aggressive at all but if a snake isn't treated right it will become aggressive. Good luck. DOn't know if anyone has told you but snakes are addictive :)

Yeah i dunno why people seem to think most dawrins are agressive.

But, ive said it nce and ill say it again. ANY AND ALL SNAKES CAN BE NASTY. Just as any and all snakes can be saintly. It depends on the individual animal, how its treated, its current health and personality.

Hi everyone,

I am new to the reptile hobby and have a nice Woma juvi coming along and am looking to expand my collection if you want to call it that.

I love the look of Albino Darwin Carpets and was considering purchasing one but would like everyones input as in their care and temperament.

I have read a lot of conflicting articles regarding their ease of care and "typical" Darwin attitudes but getting some input from those of you with experience would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

None of the above mentioned snakes are aggressive.
Defensive maybe but not aggressive.
You need to remember that smaller snakes are going to feel more threatened than bigger snakes. Some will move away while others will tag you. It depends on the individual snake.

second that the albinos are A LOT quieter than wild type

Yeah i dunno why people seem to think most dawrins are agressive.

But, ive said it nce and ill say it again. ANY AND ALL SNAKES CAN BE NASTY. Just as any and all snakes can be saintly. It depends on the individual animal, how its treated, its current health and personality.

I totally agree, I've owned jungles that would let you stick your warm finger right in front of its mouth and it not bitw. And I've also had a jungle jag that until the day i sold it, it would strike the glass as i walked by. They are all different, i know i like the fierce ones more then the placid ones because they are mostly the best eaters in my opinion.

Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back