Breeding Size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss364rwhp

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I know this may get a bit controversial, but i was wondering at what age/weight/length and size do you breed a coastal x darwin carpet python for the first time.

Thanks, Ash

depends on whether you're looking to breed males with females or not, as they both have different ages and weights of sexual maturity.

depends on whether you're looking to breed males with females or not, as they both have different ages and weights of sexual maturity.
I would say that the OP is looking to breed males with females. I do not know of anybody having any success breeding males with males or females with females,lol. To the OP usually it is dependant on what breed of snake you are looking at breeding and you need the snakes to be sexually mature and to good size more so with the female but you do not want your male too small for your female either.

In my opinion its got a lot more to do with weight over age.

For me majority of morelia males will breed at 600 grams and females 1000grams although that is an absolute minimum and I suggest you aim for 1kg and 1.5kg plus respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back