Best Thermostat?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cinnamonmybluey

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am looking for a new thermostate with a timer and on off function for my bluetongues enclosure. I want to connect her heat pad and heat lamp to it. What do you guys believe is the best brand?:eek:

I've found Habistat to be more reliable than the cheapies and other moderately priced competitors like Microclimate (I've had a few Microclimates spontaneously die on me).

The Habistat are good I found. Very happy with them . Timer and thermostat both work great and digital display and alarm built in. I used microclimate previos, but have hade 2 just stop working and they too expensive to fix or replace.

Most the time it's just the fuse that blows in the microclimates. Very rarely is it anything more.

awsome habistat it seems it the way to go thanks

- - - Updated - - -

problem. I live in Australia and the habistat his made with American connections is it worth using an adaptor.?

If what you end up with has a different plug, then you don't have an option but to use an adapter.

My Gear 2 and Note 2 both have different wall chargers so I use adapters.

I bought the EcoTech dimming thermostat. Some have cringed but I've seen the same model only with Habistat stickers on it.

I just bought a pulse thermostat from Herp shop, no need to use adapters!

I bought the EcoTech dimming thermostat. Some have cringed but I've seen the same model only with Habistat stickers on it.
I can't say I have ever seen EcoTech rebranded as Habistat. Can you please let me know where these are, sounds a bit of a con to me.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

problem. I live in Australia and the habistat his made with American connections is it worth using an adaptor.?

If your purchases are fitted with US fittings they are undoubtedly imports. Someone has sold them on to make a few bucks. Might be cheaper that way but unlikely to be covered by any warrenty. Better option to buy Habistat is speak to Brian at the Herpshop. Always has good stock and the best prices.

Last edited:
I have that same eco tech one and it does its job very well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

awsome habistat it seems it the way to go thanks

- - - Updated - - -

They are made in the UK so I dont know why they should have had American connections. It is easy enough just to change the plug anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like Eco Tech (whoever they are) are rebranding the Habistat product.
I only use Habistat or Microclimate, being made here makes it simple if they need repair and they are cheap but not cheaply made.

Last edited by a moderator:
- - - Updated - - -
It looks like Eco Tech (whoever they are) are rebranding the Habistat product.
I only use Habistat or Microclimate, being made here makes it simple if they need repair and they are cheap but not cheaply made.
Whilst the buttons look similar that is about the extent of it. Habistat are manufactured in the EU whilst Eco Tech are Asian I believe. Habistat is a division of Euro Rep LTD.

Whilst the buttons look similar that is about the extent of it. Habistat are manufactured in the EU whilst Eco Tech are Asian I believe. Habistat is a division of Euro Rep LTD.

Yes while I would trust the UK made Habistat I'm not sure I would feel the same about the knock off.

Habistat therms are very reliable ,they have one now where you can change a fuse from the outside which is good.

Not sure who is copying who but I have heard enough complaints about eco-tech to steer clear of them.
They both look very similar to me and we all know how the Chinese economy runs on producing poor quality copies of anything in the western world

Not sure who is copying who but I have heard enough complaints about eco-tech to steer clear of them.
They both look very similar to me and we all know how the Chinese economy runs on producing poor quality copies of anything in the western world

Well the clue is the Habistat came first :)

thanks guys

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I am going with the Habistat thermostates from the herp shop. Quick qu there are three kinds. Dig temp. dig day/night and digital dimming. What is the difference. My lizard has a heat mat and heat globe. what would be the best for her?

You'll note a lot more info/data is available on the Habistat display screen as opposed to the eco tech. They are a lot more sophisticated really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back