$6 incubation tubs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharskie

Reaction score
So I went to my local super dollar store and struck gold. For $6 bucks I got a plastic snap shut tub and these nifty little perforated trays. Once the tray was cut down it makes the perfect egg over water incubation tub. Thought it would be nice to share for those who like to be money conscious.
42e6aed914b0e3946fee18f19179a30c.jpg
168776095ab2aa511c7796d77f4d03fa.jpg

It wont work, it doesnt have any trusted brand names on it

That's my biggest fear..... Will they be nasty little gremlins when they come out because they thought I was a cheapin out on them? Bahahahahahaha.

Now in all seriousness here people as this is my first time doing eggs over water method, should I put a thin layer of vermiculite down on the top of the screen or just place the eggs on top and leave them?

I never do, and have no dramas. 60 from 60 wheat belts hatched last year. Been using the same method for years with no dramas. My tubs are semi cheap Bunnings ones. Lol

I never do, and have no dramas. 60 from 60 wheat belts hatched last year. Been using the same method for years with no dramas. My tubs are semi cheap Bunnings ones. Lol

So just to be clear, you use no substrate at all. Just water under the eggs? Do you use any ventilation holes on your incubation tubs?

I use the over-water method nowadays, but will still add vermiculite in with the water to stop it sloshing around so much. In the case I need to move the container so it doesn't splash up on the eggs etc

Yeah, I put perlite in the water, non under eggs. Never had a drama

I use one teaspoon of water crystal to 500ml of water. Turns to jelly so no sloshing around and hardly any evaporation. You can get the crystals at any bunnings, masters or nursery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back