Cricket Question(food for Lizards)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalMoon

Reptile Lover
Reaction score
Hi every-one,
I have been breeding up a storm of crickets lately and literally have thousands in surplus. Can I freeze them? I feed them to my Beardies, Blue tongues and shingle back.
Thanks in advance
Crystal

Hi every-one,
I have been breeding up a storm of crickets lately and literally have thousands in surplus. Can I freeze them? I feed them to my Beardies, Blue tongues and shingle back.
Thanks in advance
Crystal

Your main problem would be if the said lizards would eat non moving crickets, anyone around you that you could sell a few tubs to?

Hi every-one,
Thanks in advance
Crystal

Yes, you can freeze insects to feed to your lizards. Your best off gut loading them before hand and double bag them as they get freezer burns and turn black pretty fast.
they'll defrost in a few seconds so only take out what you need to save the rest spoiling. Your skinks should take them from a bowl, but you may need to hand feed smaller dragons as they use sight to find food whilst your skinks can find them via scent alone.

cheers.

Thanks for your replies guys :)
My lizards will take freshly killed crickets(accidental squishes)I was worried about the nutritional loss through freezing. The gut loading tip and double bagging is very helpful. I am donating crickets to the local wildlife care organization for their Lizards too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back