Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php
Spotted Black Snake
attachment.php
Broad-headed Snake

Loving these pics so far! @imported-varanus is that a bitorquatus? @cement lovely snakes, is this one a stephensii or a bungaroides? Are Cacophis and furina good to handle or more of a display animal?

Bredli

Hi Mate,
their all wild specimens, the stephens banded was caught by a friend/collegue and relocated, as far as handling the golden crowned goes they are pretty mellow up to the point that they realize they are being handled and then won't hesitate to bite, the red naped snake isnt a problem very inoffensive.

Common/mainland/eastern tiger

Attachments

• Tiger.jpg
    Tiger.jpg
    632.4 KB · Views: 173
Loving these pics so far! @imported-varanus is that a bitorquatus? @cement lovely snakes, is this one a stephensii or a bungaroides? Are Cacophis and furina good to handle or more of a display animal?

Bredli

Hi BredliFreak,

I've caught so many of both of these species over the years that I've lost count...hahaha. We regularly pick GC's up off the roads around where I live on hot sultry nights. They put on a good show but I've never known them to bite. All the same, I've also kept them in captivity and both species are what I'd call display animals and not really conducive to handling. They're basically lizard feeders and Crowns will also take small frogs. Great looking critters though.

George.

I do agree with you George, and by no means disrepect your many years experience.
Thay are very common here on the Central Coast in forested or leafy areas, and I'm quite often removing them from houses as victims of cats bringing them in etc. Yes, more of a display animal (i read the word display wrong thinking "displayed in an enclosure", as opposed to something you would handle regularly...... but yes they have a great threat display once they realise your a "threat". But a GC is the only elapid that I have ever been bitten by, which is why I say they can bite. But as far as snakes go they are easy to handle, they are a small great looking species, and I personally don't consider their bite a problem.
Heres some more photos and another of the Furina to show size. Cheers

Attachments

• 31102010883.jpg
    31102010883.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 31102010886.jpg
    31102010886.jpg
    592.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 31102010881.jpg
    31102010881.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 19082010757.jpg
    19082010757.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 171
From memory Cement I think I caught my first one at Ourimbah many, many years back. They are stunning looking creatures, we also get Dwarf Crown (C kreffti) pop up from time to time and I've picked up White Crowns (C harriettae) just north of Coffs.

All the best

George.

Thanks for the photos and info! No bungaroides yet :( but I like the stephensii as well. Are the Furina and Cacophis easy to maintain in captivity? And are there any midly venomous snakes that are easy handlers or have low maintenance and requirements? Keep showing the photos!

Bredli

Thanks for the photos and info! No bungaroides yet :( but I like the stephensii as well. Are the Furina and Cacophis easy to maintain in captivity? And are there any midly venomous snakes that are easy handlers or have low maintenance and requirements? Keep showing the photos!

Bredli

Bredli,

Have another look my friend, H bungaroides posted with the Spotted Black. Cacophis and Furina aren't hard to maintain as long as you can keep up the supply of food. None of the small elapids are really suitable for handling. Whips and Swamp Snakes are easy to maintain but like the others they are really just display animals.

Cheers,

George.

Gday George, yep definatly Ourimbah, and just about anywhere else around here theres trees and thick mulch, the Krefft's though are a much rarer animal and though I have found them in the same area/habitat as the GC, no where near in the same numbers. In fact the Dwarf is (apart from maybe T. carinatus) one of most least common species I come across.

Luke those adders are lovely! Well, your collection in general is!
The Stephens is a real cutie (Yes, elapids too can be cute!)

Thanks PineFamily, she is my pride and joy lol

Rocket, Ms Red and I are flattered but unfortunately you’ve chosen the snake I’m most in love with!
I don’t think I could part with her, sorry, but thank you for your interest :)

Look forward to the site showing your pics Getarealdog, I’ll keep checking back :)

Well Richard, you know my thoughts :) All your snakes are always top notch lovelies.

Nice variation of wild critters there Graham! The belly shot of the RBB is gorgeous!
Im on the bandwagon of loving the golden crowned too! Stunning little thing

GBWhite,
those action shots are brilliant!
Lots of interesting postures!

[MENTION=39076]GBWhite[/MENTION] [MENTION=15646]getarealdog[/MENTION] the pictures aren't working which is a shame but Stu is working on that. Thanks for the info, if I move out of the ACT I am thinking of keeping elapids. Keep on showing pics, I might put up some soon!

Bredli

Hey Jack,

That's only because unfortunately when the forum was moved to a new server some content was lost in the move, it wasn't intentionally removed.

You'll notice quite a few threads with the same name as old popular threads that were lost as we all try and bring them back

Sorry too hear you're considering leaving

I effectively left long ago, as Facebook is superior in all but one aspect: being able to search for information on long past threads. Anyway, inspired by Nigel and co I went to add some pics to this thread regardless, and noticed that all my pics from the original thread still come up in "manage attachments"... so if the photos are still there does that mean the thread is recoverable?

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

• bill.jpg
    bill.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 246
  • psue.jpg
    psue.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 243
  • morticiamouse.jpg
    morticiamouse.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 252
  • Cuddlepie.jpg
    Cuddlepie.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 260
  • hceatingskink.JPG
    hceatingskink.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 273
  • mort1.jpg
    mort1.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_4325.jpg
    IMG_4325.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 256
  • ccp.jpg
    ccp.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 253
  • tassie tiger.jpg
    tassie tiger.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 259
  • babybrown.jpg
    babybrown.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 261
  • fats 017.jpg
    fats 017.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 247
  • white belly 068.jpg
    white belly 068.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
@jack, they are some fabulous pics m8, i especially like the juvie brown with it's outstanding stripes. :) ...................Ron

6d8aa554977cde897a4318776ba2edfc.jpg
f9e6d4137b795afa806583b89865f8c6.jpg

My favourite local of adder. Sydney red and grey

728637d093ce588f7abba48338a93eb6.jpg
f7c1c15c7cf5d20f1e3c27cb7a3d1e4b.jpg

Top end mulga snakes get a bit of size on them

80cbc4e5747014d1be809bb394704841.jpg
9bd3715f38599117ad08813f15417f43.jpg
3f07e5ad8ddfb25bfecca00709fea40f.jpg

RBBS, colletts and bruny is. Tiger

dbe90503cc7bdd5856ac8b6c41ea6558.jpg

Kununurra mulga

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice collection there, Luke. That Bruny Islands a real honey:). Here's a larger Island Tiger and some Darwin Mulgas.

That tiger and mulga are unreal. Heres a better bruny owned by a friend.
4a577b03e5bd3d41c17c918a054c771c.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

There are some amazing snakes in this thread. Hopefully there will be more to come. Would like to see some more Collett's if anyone has some.
[MENTION=27447]vampstorso[/MENTION] - That's a great looking RBB snake. I wish that I could keep them over here.
[MENTION=39076]GBWhite[/MENTION] - Awesome looking Highlands Copperhead and Bandy Bandy.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back