Digital TV - frequently NO SIGNAL .... grrrr

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

Banned
Reaction score
Just a rant -

Another night in metropolitan Lake Macquarie with no TV reception (NO SIGNAL) for any station since about diner time.

Often have long periods with no TV reception, seems to be getting more frequent too.

One wonders why so many people get Foxtel and the like.

Not impressed with the reliability of digital TV.

Last edited:
Meh to free to air dude twenty bucks gets you HD Netflix and a vpn to all countries content
Is that weekly ? fortnightly ? or monthly ? and what were the setup costs ?

I really am fed up with all the crud on FTA TV, seems to be little more than reruns and "RealityTV crap , of endless sport .... boring .....

- - - Updated - - -

So the Brother STB that was installed by tech who replaced my old antenna and set me up for FTA DTV has kicked the bucket - is as dead as a door nail.

And seems that my old (spare) TEAC STB I bought before analog TV was turned off and before the free government scheme got to me , despite tuning in , no longer sends TV signals to the TVout cable (??) tech guy checked my signal (all seemed fine there), checked my cabling (everything was plugged in correctly) , retuned, still no signal at the TV .... Strange as I could see menus , etc , just no sound or tv signal ....

How unlucky can I be , 2 STBs are stuffed, sold me replacement (a HEALING STB) to get me out trouble .

All up $150 visit, assess and install and fix my no - signal issue and to get something viewable on TV.

Time to order a new recorder (with a dual DTV tuner + HDD & DVD recording built in) and time to retire the old DVD/VCR combo recorder I think.

Last edited:
Um sounds like you have some old equipment. If you have a adsl internet connection shout yourself a smart tv which are reasonably cheap for an older model and will come with a netflix app. Cheapest package is 9.99 a month and guess what not one advert lots movie and doco 's etc. I know what your going through my salt ash property has same issue with reception regardless of boosters and antenna upgrades

Is that weekly ? fortnightly ? or monthly ? and what were the setup costs ?

I really am fed up with all the crud on FTA TV, seems to be little more than reruns and "RealityTV crap , of endless sport .... boring .....

VPN costs $6-10 per month (cheaper for longer plans). From there just install a good torrent downloader and your good to go. I would myself consider using legitimate avenues, but a lot of shows I like aren't available to watch here.

Um sounds like you have some old equipment. If you have a adsl internet connection shout yourself a smart tv which are reasonably cheap for an older model and will come with a netflix app. Cheapest package is 9.99 a month and guess what not one advert lots movie and doco 's etc. I know what your going through my salt ash property has same issue with reception regardless of boosters and antenna upgrades

Yes - have ADSL2+ , I operate wirelessly in the house . Not impressed with the reliability of that either - very frequent dropouts and hangs. I sure hope when the NBN finally gets here (next year sometime ???? ) that it's more reliable than ADSL2+ is.

I've never bought into the updating to keep up and always have the latest and newest gee-wiz gadgets and gizmos .... Harvey Norman wont ever get rich off me.

Can't see the benefit yet of retiring the old NEC 48cm TV, still works, or of buying a smart TV, I have a 17" FHD i7 laptop that would cover all things a smart TV will do, and viewed from the coffee table is way big enough a screen.
When old TV finally dies , is over 20 yr old, I'll look at a 48" LED FHD TV then , but still not interested in a "smart" TV.
Don't have a smart phone either - no need for one. My old mobile is a just a phone , can text from it but never have.

- - - Updated - - -

VPN costs $6-10 per month (cheaper for longer plans). From there just install a good torrent downloader and your good to go. I would myself consider using legitimate avenues, but a lot of shows I like aren't available to watch here.

I'd take a lot of convincing to spend $10 per month to get TV shows .... yes I'm that much of a tightwad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back