Diamond Python Medical Assistance

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think [MENTION=42191]Starlord[/MENTION] has issue with what has been said but How, a lot of comments have come across as very aggressive to a bloke just looking for some help.

I don't think @Starlord has issue with what has been said but How, a lot of comments have come across as very aggressive to a bloke just looking for some help.

Sorry Burgo89, but I think I'll leave it up to Starlord to respond directly to the legitimate issues I've raised with regard to starving that animal.

Jamie

@alexbee Yes its unfair that a snake has been under fed for 4+ years, how would you feel starving all the time? There is a slight difference between humanly killed rats and slowly starving a snake. I also think you know exactly how your snake got those injuries but you just dont want to say. how is it possible that this animal was so badly injured and there isnt a single thing in the enclosure that could of caused it.

instead of being so defensive about everything take what people are saying on board and if this poor snake survives maybe you can improve its quality of life.
Alex.

It makes me so angry that people are allowed to have these animals and do no research/have no education about them.. unfair to the animals. reptile licenses need to become harder to get
[MENTION=32852]Pauls_Pythons[/MENTION]

of any treatment & changing of dressings needs to be done under the consultation of a vet.
Never have I seen such a bad injury & the owner has no idea of how it occurred. Also the point that you just happen to have Bactroban mupirocin 2% on hand & have used it before on such a young animal suggests there might be some husbandry issues that need to be resolved.
I have a feeling there is much more to this story that has yet to come out.

I got some yearlings for sale here that have more body mass than this 4 or 5 year old!

Yes @pythoninfinite "assistance" You must be in a deluded state. I also like how you consider "criticism" as "extremely offence"
And please don't put your cherry picked anecdotal evidence forward.

It's natural that you're defensive, and I'll admit that I'm blunt on occasions where the bleeding obvious needs to be stated. The picture and your stated facts speak for themselves. I could ask you what planet you've been on for the last four years of reptile ownership to have allowed your animal to get to that emaciated state and for it not to even register in your conscious mind. I haven't "cherry-picked" any anecdotal evidence... "quite common" indeed!

And I don't mind putting my name to my comments either by the way...

Jamie

@alexbee Yes its unfair that a snake has been under fed for 4+ years, how would you feel starving all the time? There is a slight difference between humanly killed rats and slowly starving a snake. I also think you know exactly how your snake got those injuries but you just dont want to say. how is it possible that this animal was so badly injured and there isnt a single thing in the enclosure that could of caused it.

instead of being so defensive about everything take what people are saying on board and if this poor snake survives maybe you can improve its quality of life.
Alex.

It makes me so angry that people are allowed to have these animals and do no research/have no education about them.. unfair to the animals. reptile licenses need to become harder to get
@Pauls_Pythons

of any treatment & changing of dressings needs to be done under the consultation of a vet.
Never have I seen such a bad injury & the owner has no idea of how it occurred. Also the point that you just happen to have Bactroban mupirocin 2% on hand & have used it before on such a young animal suggests there might be some husbandry issues that need to be resolved.
I have a feeling there is much more to this story that has yet to come out.

I got some yearlings for sale here that have more body mass than this 4 or 5 year old!

Yes @pythoninfinite "assistance" You must be in a deluded state. I also like how you consider "criticism" as "extremely offence"
And please don't put your cherry picked anecdotal evidence forward.

I did not understand any of what you have posted here, instead of trying to stir other members into a state of gnashing teeth and eyes turned skyward how about you just post those pics and be done with it, I am not taking sides here but what [MENTION=41820]pythoninfinite[/MENTION], has said was about the tamest example of him unleashing I have seen, I just hope you have taken on board at least some of what he has said because in the end no matter how the members have phrased their posts they are "ALL" trying to help you understand how emaciated this poor snake is, and if you had just accepted that in the spirit it was given this would not have run 3 pages and people like Jamie (Whom i respect greatly) who has so many years of hands on experience would not have got so hot under the collar.........just saying. :) ......................Ron

:) I think I just had to up my dosage of blood pressure tabs Ron! Nah, not really. Anyway, we all like a good mystery every now and again - it brings out the detective in us... If we don't get hard facts (other than those I've already referred to), we begin to make assumptions... it's human nature, and despite my "deluded state," I'm still only human... :)!

Jamie

facts...FACTS!? what more facts do you need!?!?!?!

I actually believe the OP knows very well how the injury has occurred but doesn't want to open up due his miss keeping of the animal.

I actually believe the OP knows very well how the injury has occurred but doesn't want to open up due his miss keeping of the animal.

Yes, i must have telepathy to know how it happened when i was asleep.

No mystery.
When someone has the compassion and empathy of a house brick, others suffer. People, animals, environments,.... makes no difference to an arrogant, unintelligent, selfish ego driven human.

Well, how is the snake Starlord? I am aware you saw the vet, but has it been treated?

If you give us an idea of what is in your enclosure, some of the veterans on here will identify the problem in about 3 seconds. As much as APS will crucify you (for a while at least, you need thick skin around here), if you want to prevent injuries like this from happening again, whether it be your snake again if it manages to survive, or a new one if it doesn't. Or maybe you are just an egocentric troll, but I have a little faith in you.

No mystery.
When someone has the compassion and empathy of a house brick, others suffer. People, animals, environments,.... makes no difference to an arrogant, unintelligent, selfish ego driven human.
[MENTION=4778]cement[/MENTION] It's amazing you can tell so much about someone just through words on a forum post.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, how is the snake Starlord? I am aware you saw the vet, but has it been treated?

If you give us an idea of what is in your enclosure, some of the veterans on here will identify the problem in about 3 seconds. As much as APS will crucify you (for a while at least, you need thick skin around here), if you want to prevent injuries like this from happening again, whether it be your snake again if it manages to survive, or a new one if it doesn't. Or maybe you are just an egocentric troll, but I have a little faith in you.

I'll try to get pictures up this afternoon. :)

Interesting as this thread is I'm starting to wonder about trolls.

I had that thought from my very first submission.

I guess i could take some pictures when i get some spare time, is there any specific areas or objects that i should focusing the pictures on?
Well that would be great. I guess you must be really busy as this has now been going for 2 weeks but not a single picture of that enclosure. Don't put yourself out.

Last edited:
@cement It's amazing you can tell so much about someone just through words on a forum post.

Yeah your right it is. Being a professional snake relocator, and ex reptile dept head for a wildlife rescue organisation, I get a feel for when animals are either poached from the wild, or just plain out neglected, and having lived the type of life I have, knowledge of the personality type that does these things.
You'd be surprised how many people just think it would be "cool" to have a snake, and how it would somehow empower that individual, wether they know how to look after it or not, or even care. They take animals from the wild and don't know the first thing about their requirements, until the animals almost dead, and then they ring the rescue and care people or google to either hand it in or sometimes when they are especially greedy and selfish try to get answers, by then its usually too late.
I'm getting that vibe off you "Starlord". You don't know the age of the snake, or what to feed it, you post photos off a website showing a professionally made enclosure.
You obviously know very little about fundamental requirements. This is info (lack of) that comes from you.
Sometimes it's what a person doesn't say that matters more.

You can reply to this any way you like, it's water off a ducks back to me. I'll bet your unlicenced, and that animal should be removed from your lack of care and probably euthanased. You don't have the necessary capacity to keep any animal, that much is f@#$en obvious.

That wound was probably caused by either being run over or caught up in poly bird netting or chicken wire, there is VERY little chance that a professional made enclosure could do that.
"can't find any skin"......
and hungry snakes don't eat themselves.

I have been in this hobby for a long time and was a reptile remover . The only time i have seen a python with this injury was after being run over by a car . I know of no way even a badly made enclosure could cause this damage . The reptile was in this enclosure for a time so would have been injured before this .I hope i am right in assuming that this is a gee up as i would hate to think that a keeper would let a animal in his care become injured like this. If i am wrong lets do our best to report this ''keeper'' to the authorities / No keeper should let any reptile suffer in this way .
Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back