The Netted Dragon Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero Egernia

Reaction score
I thought it would be worth continuing an old thread (by the same title) for the Netted Dragon enthusiasts out there. It's a shame it was closed as it was nice seeing the Netted Dragon variations. If I'm in the wrong, moderators please edit accordingly.

As per the thread's title, this thread is dedicated to Netted Dragons - both Western and Central. So here's some photos to start it off. Enjoy!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I thought the last one was a funny pose. :p

EDIT: The lizards in these photos are Western Netted Dragons (Ctenophorus reticulatus).

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0893s.jpg

FunnyPose.jpg

012.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice photos. Netted's are on the wish list.
Our leatherback beardie does the same as that last photo; almost like he's saying to my wife, "Check this out!"

It sure is a funny pose. :D Perhaps one day you will have some Netted Dragons, pinefamily. They are a pleasure to keep and they have heaps of personality.

Just squeezing in one more photo. I'm currently experimenting with dried plants at the moment.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Snooze.jpg
    Snooze.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 307
You could pull that off as a wild specimen Oshki! The enclosure looks beautiful, so do your animals!

Thanks, Herpo. They were originally wild-caught specimens.

Here's some photos of my male, he's just about finished shedding.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Surely there are other Netted Dragon keepers out there?

NettedPose1.jpg

NettedMaleHead1.jpg

NettedSkin1.jpg

Yep sure am. I have a colony of 10 netted's. Will download some pics then post them.

Frustrated at the moment as I am chasing some female netted's. Haven't had much luck in the breeding department with them.

Just one clutch of six.

Very nice photos. Netted's are on the wish list.
Our leatherback beardie does the same as that last photo; almost like he's saying to my wife, "Check this out!"

My little boy (4 month old beardie) Toothless does that heaps, usually means one the following for him :
- I've done a something horrible and stinky in here, please remove it
- what are you doing ?
- I want you (to give me some attention).

Really like what I've heard of Netteds, would love to have a few as a group on day.

Your's look very friendly .... I like that aspect of them.

Yep sure am. I have a colony of 10 netted's. Will download some pics then post them.

Frustrated at the moment as I am chasing some female netted's. Haven't had much luck in the breeding department with them.

Just one clutch of six.

Can't wait to see them. I haven't had much luck breeding this season either, but I suspected that would be the case as my pair may be too old. Still a pleasure to keep nevertheless.

Kingofnobbys, they are very inquisitive and active lizards. Not much of a handling lizard, in my experience, but still really interesting to keep.

Last edited:
Hope Easter is going well for everyone. I had a bit of a treat today, and I wanted to share it. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;b2scMQuadgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2scMQuadgU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Normal male very freindly. Love this guy picked him up at the vhs this year. image.jpg

Thanks for sharing that clip, Oshkii. Loved the look from under the rock at the end.
[MENTION=40362]CrazyNut[/MENTION], he's a handsome little fella, isn't he?

Wow, these guys are absolutely stunning!! How big do they grow?

Wow, these guys are absolutely stunning!! How big do they grow?

They are fairly small. My male Western Netted is 7.5cm snout to vent length, the female 7cm snout to vent length. I understand that the Central Netteds are a little bigger, according to the lizard bible they measure 115mm snout to vent length.

Hello forum!

Curious as to how much central netted dragons are these days? Can't see any for sale at the moment.

What's fair price for hatchies, 1yr olds and male/female adults?

Thanks for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back