APS finally got a facelift

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=6733]longirostris[/MENTION], I agree you wholeheartedly, even though I had to get up and get a beer while reading your post. :)
I have only seen the mods step into one thread where it started to get personal on to posts. The thread continued a bit longer at a robust pace.

@longirostris, I agree you wholeheartedly, even though I had to get up and get a beer while reading your post. :)
I have only seen the mods step into one thread where it started to get personal on to posts. The thread continued a bit longer at a robust pace.
I swear if you agree with a post thats more then two paragraphs long you reply with "I had to get up and get a beer while reading your post" haha

@longirostris, I agree you wholeheartedly, even though I had to get up and get a beer while reading your post. :)

I'll try to keep any posts I make as short as possible. Sometimes though things need to said or acknowledged that take a bit longer to get out. I am a bit like that. Write a tome when sometimes only a paragraph or 2 will do, although in all sincerity I dont think I could have shortened my earlier post by much and still made the points I wanted to make. Maybe its a good thing I dont post too much.

Hey mate, how do you edit one of your own posts? Just realised what I said in one of them is slightly wrong.

Hey mate, how do you edit one of your own posts? Just realised what I said in one of them is slightly wrong.

Use the edit post button directly under your post, however there is a timeframe in place on how long posts can be edited. It used to be 72 hours, though that might've changed with the recent site changes.

You can always report the post (triangular ! icon) in question outlining the modifications you want and a Mod/Admin can do it for you.

Ahhhhh damn, wish it didn't have a deadline. Makes me a bit hesitant to use the forum if any of my mistakes are unable to be edited after a short time period.

Shall do as you suggest, cheers :)

Ahhhhh damn, wish it didn't have a deadline. Makes me a bit hesitant to use the forum if any of my mistakes are unable to be edited after a short time period.

Shall do as you suggest, cheers :)

Ill follow up on the timeframe but there were some interesting reasons on why we put the time limit in place.
Rob is on the money though and if you ever need anything edited when you cant find the button, report the post or PM a mod or admin and we can help. Reporting is better as the entire team sees it.

Oh interesting. I'm curious as to what the interesting reasons are, if you're able to share?

In a nutshell, the main reason is its to prevent folks from going back to older posts and threads of theirs and editing it with something bad about another member, business, person or such. As you know, edited posts or threads don't show up as new replies so the only way folks would find out would be via a search down the track which could put a spin on a topic or person that isn't true.

As mentioned, its not ideal I know but we are quite happy to edit a post or thread based on a report or PM as soon as we can as a kind of a compromise.

People actually do that? Guess I'm naĂŻve, shame it has to be like that but I understand the reasoning. Thanks again for all your effort with the forum, looks great!

It all good mate, it just seems to be in the nature of some.

Thanks for the kind words too.

New layout looks good.
I think a logo change would be good. Will convey the change of ownership nicely.
If you change the name, I think you will lose the potential of more members due to people being reluctant to join up as they've never heard of the forum.

Keep up the good work, and I think if moderation was to be kept at a minimum, then I think more and more people will flock back.

New layout looks good.
I think a logo change would be good. Will convey the change of ownership nicely.

Has this forum been sold to someone or some company?

I haven't been back since the change and it seems nice to me.

Has this forum been sold to someone or some company?

I haven't been back since the change and it seems nice to me.

It hasnt been sold. I have taken it over as a favour to the Herp community and previous owners.

APS is for the members, not to make money.

It hasnt been sold. I have taken it over as a favour to the Herp community and previous owners.

APS is for the members, not to make money.

Ah, that's good to know. I'm glad this forum hasn't gone corporate like some others have lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back