Woma Soak?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viper69

Reaction score
Just curious to get people's husbandry experience on these guys, do people provide their Woma 2 hides as well as a bowl for soaking? Mine has always shed fine, but I thought I'd see what people do with theirs.

Thanks!

All of my snakes have a water bowl large enough to crawl into, but womas never did. One hide is sufficient. They are easy to keep.

Thanks for the info. Yeah my Woma is certainly a joy to own. Their behavior is so different than my other constrictors. My Woman is actually alert, actively looking around, not quite as lazy as my BP or Boa haha. Their feeding response is impressive that's for sure as is their docile nature. I'm glad I purchased this species, always thought they were beautiful.

They live predominantly underground, so think like a hermit that lives underground and you shall not go far wrong. They are tough survivors and very easy to keep. Just ensure they have access to water now and then and semi-regular feeding.

They live predominantly underground, so think like a hermit that lives underground and you shall not go far wrong. They are tough survivors and very easy to keep. Just ensure they have access to water now and then and semi-regular feeding.

Yeah, I wanted to double check though. Yeah one I read an article on them from an Aussie breeder I believe; he said it's one of the few snakes that would literally get obese from feeding too regularly. I imagine because there's little food in their habitat perhaps, and thus they have evolved to always be on the hunt, not knowing when their next meal will be.

Appreciate the response.

Yeah, I wanted to double check though. Yeah one I read an article on them from an Aussie breeder I believe; he said it's one of the few snakes that would literally get obese from feeding too regularly. I imagine because there's little food in their habitat perhaps, and thus they have evolved to always be on the hunt, not knowing when their next meal will be.

Appreciate the response.

Do they get bitey when you pick them up? If they continually look for food wouldn't they bite when the hand goes in the enclosure to pick them up?

Do they get bitey when you pick them up? If they continually look for food wouldn't they bite when the hand goes in the enclosure to pick them up?

Mine does not at all. In point of fact I do not know that it's always looking for food. The author of the article and some owners told me they are very alert and observant animals. This is my experience as well, unlike my bp and boa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back