Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

just wondering who feeds of tongs and do other peoples just leave it in the enclosure?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

My Woma and Water both take from tongs, my Woma's first feed in my care I ended up leaving it in the tub as she wouldn't take from the tongs but since then always with tongs.

I had to leave the first couple in the enclosure when I first got my little Bredli but since then she gets fed in aseparate tub and grabs them from the tongs...well surgical forceps because that's what I had laying around

I often feed some by hand.....only the ones I trust though :rolleyes:
I only leave food in the enclosure if Im stuck for time or if it's a particularly finiky feeder.

yeh my stimsons has been a bit weord over the last few weeks with eating. he is only about 7 months old was taking it off the tongs when he was a bit snappy. now he is really realxed and not much seems to phase him. i have just put him in a smaller container in his enclosure with the mouse see if anything happens

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

all our snakes are tong fed,one warm pink thing might be mistaken for another warm pink thing sure some have fur but we all know snakes haven't got real good vision

all our snakes are tong fed,one warm pink thing might be mistaken for another warm pink thing sure some have fur but we all know snakes haven't got real good vision

A few things come to mind here... it's probably wise to use tongs when handling any warm pink things, furred or not;)

Jamie

My guys will only eat if they strike with tongs. Any rodents left in their enclosure are ignored, (and I really hate wasting rats).

Sorry Tinky, can't help myself... but the mental picture of your snake striking with tongs has really put a smile on my face :)! Have they tried chopsticks?

Jamie

Sorry Tinky, can't help myself... but the mental picture of your snake striking with tongs has really put a smile on my face :)! Have they tried chopsticks?

Jamie

They suck at using chopsticks. Think you need one of those Asian snakes for that.

Use a Hook to get your snake out, they all said.

Well let me tell you that using a crochet hook on my bredli did not end well.

For real? It would have had nothing to hang on to. Not to mention that those hooks are quite sharp. Whats wrong with using a modified plastic coat hanger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back