Heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id expect a shed coming up. Other pythons do that too but because GTPs have thinner skin than most other python species, that is why the wrinkling is more obvious. And spraying every day isn't necessary. It can actually cause water blisters if too wet. Would rather lightly mist the inside walls of the tub with an occasional quick spray on the animal. How long have you had it?

Id expect a shed coming up. Other pythons do that too but because GTPs have thinner skin than most other python species, that is why the wrinkling is more obvious. And spraying every day isn't necessary. It can actually cause water blisters if too wet. Would rather lightly mist the inside walls of the tub with an occasional quick spray on the animal. How long have you had it?
That makes so much sense and backs up a lot of material i have read.. i have had her for 5 month's now and she has been great.. i admit i have up'd the misting trying to raise the humidity.. i have kept a record of all my activities in her enclosure, i will reduce the misting/watering and track the progress...really appreciate all the thoughts and advice....

That makes so much sense and backs up a lot of material i have read.. i have had her for 5 month's now and she has been great.. i admit i have up'd the misting trying to raise the humidity.. i have kept a record of all my activities in her enclosure, i will reduce the misting/watering and track the progress...really appreciate all the thoughts and advice....

That sounds like a good idea. Dont forget that even in the tropics its never constantly 80% humidity all year round. My advice (and my advice only) would be to factor in a 'drying out' period, especially through the cooler months when keeping the humidity up is more frustrating. If you think like a weatherman, you shouldn't go too far wrong. Does that make sense? Oh and another thing, are you assuming its a 'she'? Or you know for certain? Just curious thats all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back