Philips spot globes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used 50w GU10 globes in the past with a ceramic adaptor but wasn't confident in the adaptors as one unscrewed apart once as I was replacing a globe. I've stopped using again now but might be an option down the track, but would prefer to change out the whole fitting.

The adapters (e27 to GU10) sold by a big reptile gear seller based in Sydney are downright dangerous ..... definitely not up the task and IMO a fire hazard. (Having plastic components that soften/melt and smoulder .... bad news if you aren't home when it fails).

For some time now, Coles, Woolworths, and Big W here in SA haven't had the Philips spot globes. The brands they do have don't have a comparable product unfortunately.

So I should buy a couple of pallet loads and sell them off to South Australia for a small profit!

The adapters (e27 to GU10) sold by a big reptile gear seller based in Sydney are downright dangerous ..... definitely not up the task and IMO a fire hazard. (Having plastic components that soften/melt and smoulder .... bad news if you aren't home when it fails).

The ones I used weren't plastic, I wouldn't ever use plastic, they were ceramic. And I got them from an electrical wholesaler from memory, not a reptile retailer.

The ones I used weren't plastic, I wouldn't ever use plastic, they were ceramic. And I got them from an electrical wholesaler from memory, not a reptile retailer.

Yep .... I agree.

I bought the set of 4 from them and only discovered they were dodgey when I opened the package ..... contacted the vendor and was told they are fine , so tested one with a 50W GU10 , and within 30mins I could smell smouldering and I noticed the light was drooping.... contacted them again and was promptly fogged off with return them and we'll give a credit less the shipping. They still sell them :( .... obviously couldn't care less about the safety issues of selling such a dodgey and dangerous product. I no longer buy from them.

Since sourced all ceramic GU10 adapters but not used them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back