Bout time greyhound racing was banned ....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K.O.N has a point, I'm guilty. At around 7 years old I should have reported it, recorded the footage on my I-phone for proof. Different era where people weren't so consumed about reporting bad practices. I can name multiple tracks in N.S.W where it doesn't occur so that in itself debunks this as being so widespread. My involvement covered 2 states so I was definitely out there enough to see the rogues. The figures came out of the Sydney Telegraph last week and another paper I read yesterday. The report they rely on the Government from memory won't even furnish yet for scrutiny. Have you been involved in the Greyhound racing industry K.O.N's?

At 7 yo you wouldn't have then been considered a credible witness. You wouldn't have been there as an unaccompanied/unsupervised child, the adult/s who took you to the venue did nothing. This is can be not excused as being different times so OK. It's never been OK.
The people do did these cruel things to their animals knew they were acting in a criminal manner and tried to hide the results , so unless you at the venues 24/7 and vigilant , you have no way of knowing what was happening on site or nearby (in the dead of night and out of sight on the sly) OR are you trying to tell me it was something they openly talked in public about doing ? (I think not).

As to your demand to SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE , I have no access to it , and I expect more is unlikely to be made available until the cops, RSPCA, and courts are done , you can bet more people are under investigation and likely to be prosecuted in the courts in the near future.

No I'm not and never have been involved in any way in greyhound racing or the least bit interested in supporting the industry (anymore than I'm interested in horses) , I am still entitled to express an opinion NTL , I really don't care if my opinions upset you or your fellow greyhound industry supporters.

Last edited:
You've hit the nail square on the head. You are speaking unqualified and without direct evidence about an industry you have no connection to. I'm not condemning you for having an opinion but the lack of evidence you have to support your claims. In the 70's people turned a blind eye to these sort of matters more frequent than today and it wasn't as closely guarded a secret back then. I am sure you don't report every crime around you (mates that smoke pot, an item stolen from work, bullying against a defenceless person etc). This is the reality of the real world. You may not report all crimes but does that make you guilty of the offences being committed because you saw them happen? Can you honestly say that you are without sin?

You've hit the nail square on the head. You are speaking unqualified and without direct evidence about an industry you have no connection to. I'm not condemning you for having an opinion but the lack of evidence you have to support your claims. In the 70's people turned a blind eye to these sort of matters more frequent than today and it wasn't as closely guarded a secret back then. I am sure you don't report every crime around you (mates that smoke pot, an item stolen from work, bullying against a defenceless person etc). This is the reality of the real world. You may not report all crimes but does that make you guilty of the offences being committed because you saw them happen? Can you honestly say that you are without sin?

Actually, I will promptly report crimes involving theft and violence and persecution. Zero tolerance for these.

If someone chooses to smoke pot, and does so in private and stays there while under the influence - not my problem, moment they sit behind a steering wheel , they are reported.

I don't give a **** about their reasons.

Last edited:
Ooh I love experience vs assumption! It reminds me of crocdoc vs ianinoz!

By [MENTION=41275]kingofnobbys[/MENTION] logic, everyone who witnessed 9/11 or any terrorist attacks and didn't call the authorities is equivalent to a terrorist? You realise with that logic pretty much most of the population in the world are criminals.

Also, seriously? You would report any crime you see, whether it affects your life or not? It's seriously narrow minded and old fashioned of you to think this way. What some people don't get is there is almost always a reason for everything. Someone might be doing drugs because they are so depressed and on the brink of suicide yet you would want to see him slit his wrists with a plastic fork in prison. Or someone stealing some food because that is their livelihood? You need to stop living in your 1700's fantasy world and take a hard look at reality. It ain't perfect sunshine, but it doesn't have to be that way and you're gonna have a hell of a hard time trying to make it perfect.

Yep. Also, I love the new sig Wally, it conveniently fits with my president nazi speech thingo I just wrote

Ooh I love experience vs assumption! It reminds me of crocdoc vs ianinoz!

By @kingofnobbys logic, everyone who witnessed 9/11 or any terrorist attacks and didn't call the authorities is equivalent to a terrorist? You realise with that logic pretty much most of the population in the world are criminals.
strawman argument - irrelevant.

Also, seriously? You would report any crime you see, whether it affects your life or not? It's seriously narrow minded and old fashioned of you to think this way. What some people don't get is there is almost always a reason for everything. Someone might be doing drugs because they are so depressed and on the brink of suicide yet you would want to see him slit his wrists with a plastic fork in prison.

Or someone stealing some food because that is their livelihood? You need to stop living in your 1700's fantasy world and take a hard look at reality. It ain't perfect sunshine, but it doesn't have to be that way and you're gonna have a hell of a hard time trying to make it perfect.

Couldn't less about them , simply Darwinism at work.

People need to know there are consequences , and even if I'm not the victim, someone else was. The perp is not a victim and will simply keep on doing criminal stuff or victimising others because witnesses choose to turn a blind eye and wont report them and are enabling them and making lame excuses for them.

Last edited:
I made a subtle reference towards your inhumane ideas on cat euthanasia kingofnobbys. Where do you stand on that?

strawman argument - irrelevant.

Couldn't less about them , simply Darwinism at work.

People need to know there are consequences , and even if I'm not the victim, someone else was. The perp is not a victim and will simply keep on doing criminal stuff or victimising others because witnesses choose to turn a blind eye and wont report them and are enabling them and making lame excuses for them.

So the guy with all the shiny metal things has the biggest chance to survive? Sounds like Scroogeism to me. Wrong Charles mate :lol:

Since you clearly can't understand Darwinism, I'll give you a simpler scenario. In a world without all of this "consequences for 'crimes'" ******** (because in your words this gets in the way of your apparent belief in Darwinism), out of the psychopathic killer who would literally enjoy seeing his family being eaten alive as they scream in agony (even though they did nothing against him), someone who can make use of their surroundings to benefit their survival and some fat old dude at a computer desk pretending to know stuff that he doesn't know anything about with a bunch of shiny and rounded metal objects, who do you think would survive? Well according to proper Darwinism it is certain that it won't be the last guy.

Wow I can make an entire ranty paragraph on one sentence without bothering with the rest. I feel accomplished

So the guy with all the shiny metal things has the biggest chance to survive? Sounds like Scroogeism to me. Wrong Charles mate :lol:

Since you clearly can't understand Darwinism, I'll give you a simpler scenario. In a world without all of this "consequences for 'crimes'" ******** (because in your words this gets in the way of your apparent belief in Darwinism), out of the psychopathic killer who would literally enjoy seeing his family being eaten alive as they scream in agony (even though they did nothing against him), someone who can make use of their surroundings to benefit their survival and some fat old dude at a computer desk pretending to know stuff that he doesn't know anything about with a bunch of shiny and rounded metal objects, who do you think would survive? Well according to proper Darwinism it is certain that it won't be the last guy.

Wow I can make an entire ranty paragraph on one sentence without bothering with the rest. I feel accomplished

Rant away .... you have lost this debate, as has your pal.

Another view...Imagine if someone said "there's a couple of blokes l know feed live rats and mice to their reptiles and l know some others that breed these wierd coloured snakes that bob their heads around and some are not nice colours so they just put them in the freezer" .... "lets ban reptile keeping" WR

Rant away .... you have lost this debate, as has your pal.

I haven't actually proffered an opinion one way or the other on greyhound racing.

I am keen to discuss why you think it's ok to drown a cat in a wheelie bin but object to cruelty in the greyhound scene.

How much is the real estate worth ? Wentworth Park ,Dapto Dogs, Shoalhaven, Richmond. etc ?
Answer that question and you will arrive at the figure of how much Mike Baird gives a stuff about animal welfare.
Pacing/trotting will be next-How many units could be developed at Harold park?

I haven't actually proffered an opinion one way or the other on greyhound racing.

I am keen to discuss why you think it's ok to drown a cat in a wheelie bin but object to cruelty in the greyhound scene.

There's a certain feral thing on here I'd like to drown in a minute :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

(This thread)

Another view...Imagine if someone said "there's a couple of blokes l know feed live rats and mice to their reptiles and l know some others that breed these wierd coloured snakes that bob their heads around and some are not nice colours so they just put them in the freezer" .... "lets ban reptile keeping" WR

This is regarded as cruel animal treatment ( most likely even by most snake keepers) and I expect if RSPCA knew about it your mates might find themselves in serious trouble .

- - - Updated - - -

Correct you've contributed nothing.

What about people feeding live crickets, woodies, mealworms and silkworms to their lizards?

GW.

- - - Updated - - -

Majority of the people who have greyhounds (nearly all) are in it for the winnings they expect / hope to gain from their dogs, no other reason. If the dog doesn't race successfully it's no longer an income source but a financial liability ( no more doggy , how often do you see these dogs being offered as family pets ? ).

Nobby,

By your own admission you have stated that you have never had any involvement in the sport at all. The above quote clearly demonstrates your lack of knowledge in regard to greyhound racing. As I've stated previously there are SOME bad eggs that are in it solely for profit either through winnings, gambling or from the sale of pups but this would be the vast minority.

I know first hand that the vast majority of those that race greyhounds are just average joes and joanies that do it for the pleasure of watching their dog(s) do what they love to do...chase. Some of those that own and race them might have a minimal wager but nearly all do it just to watch their dog(s) enjoying having a run around the track. They are not in it for the profit and in fact the total cost of keeping, feeding, transporting and racing the dog(s) far outways any financial return.

It appears that you are expressing an opinion based on emotion from information gathered through all the propaganda that has been distributed in the media without investigating the subject further. Sorry but unfortunately I don't see that as an informed way to come to an intelligent conclusion.

Cheers,

George.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back