Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No and not really, it would be very uncommon and I don't think where you would find them would count as suburban

Are you sure you have the single subcaudals with a divided anal correct?? Hemiaspis is the only genus I know with that arrangement.

Don't colunrid and elapids generally have that arrangment???

- - - Updated - - -

image.png

The diagram is likely drawn that way only to highlight the different scales - ventrals vs anal vs caudal, as well as divided vs single. It certainly is not representative of Australian genera, as most have either both single or both divided and, as Scott pointed out, there is one genera (of 2 sp) with that particular arrangement.

Does the name of the genus begin with a vowel?

It's a sea snake.
That possibility occurred to me but I dismissed it. I figured that would involve just blind guessing, going through possibilities one at a time, as they are not able to be kept and any that people come across are totally by accident. To go herping lfor sea snakes you need some pretty special equipment and to get to places like Ashmore Reef, which is not really within the average herper’s budget.

Does the name of the genus begin with a vowel?

That possibility occurred to me but I dismissed it. I figured that would involve just blind guessing, going through possibilities one at a time, as they are not able to be kept and any that people come across are totally by accident. To go herping lfor sea snakes you need some pretty special equipment and to get to places like Ashmore Reef, which is not really within the average herper’s budget.

Could try scuba possibly. Otherwise, in terms of this game, try an online data base like AROD or maybe one of coggers guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back