Bredli update.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meako

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Since shedding 3 weeks ago Boris has gronked 3 medium rats in the last 2 weeks.
I also provided a larger ceramic heat emitter in his den. Its a balmy 35 at the hot spot at the end of the day.
Thinking I might need to construct a bigger "deeper " hide.Because the current one might be a bit small.
I offered him the last rat 2 nights ago. He was snuggled up under the hide and didn't seem keen.So I wriggled the rat up and down a bit and hassled him with it ie touched him with it-well talk about "don't make me mad you won't like me when I'm mad" . He started hissing like I've never heard and the whole hide which is a large ceramic tile with wooden "legs" lifted up and was basically shrugged off. I left it in there and when I went back 10 mins later to check he was up in the branch in full hunting posture eyeing the rat ravenously. I left it overnight and by morning it was gone.
I have 3 of those hides in there so he has plenty of room to hide. He fits completely under one out of sight.
Area wise he has plenty of hide but depth or height wise maybe needs more-any thoughts?All advice much appreciated.
cheers.
looking very handsome after shedding
20160908_115329_zpswfrb7neo.jpg

You left a rat in here ? Noop haven't seen it.
20160914_085723_zpsovmzhbef.jpg

The hide is just at the bottom of the pic -300sqmm tile .
I cut some smaller ones for our Spotted Python which you can see here. Made sure to smooth off all sharp edges-still rough but not sharp. She has a triple decker and quite often chills out on the second level.
20160902_164412_008_zps83lh9egy.jpg

20160902_164252_025_zpsl3oodrds.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back