• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Snake skins for Early Education

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prepteacher

Reaction score
Hi, I am a teacher in a Pre-Prep room and the class displayed interest in snakes. We have been learning about various snake facts and the location they can be found. As we discussed how snakes shed their skins, the children were interested in viewing a real skin. Our problem is that I do not know where I can find one as I have been told that it is illegal to sell them in Australia.
If by any chance you know where to locate skins or possibly have one that is no longer needed we would love to take it off your hands.
Thank You for your time.

Miss Karen and 2015 Pre-Prep class.

Karen Hedrick
Teacher
Play and Learn Early Education

106 Cemetery Rd
Raceview Qld 4305

Hello there. I'm sure if it would still interest you but i have a heap of sheddings from my bearded dragon. If that would help.

You could always try your local snake breeder or specialty reptile store to see if they have any old sheds they would be willing to collect for you, since they usually throw them out anyway.

Need to get permission to give out a shed. As they are a part of wildlife you need permission from dehp.

Need to get permission to give out a shed. As they are a part of wildlife you need permission from dehp.

Wow, what if you found one in the wild? Can you keep it? Also, is that for every state?

No not out of the wild either. In regards to other states you would need to check with that authority

No not out of the wild either. In regards to other states you would need to check with that authority
Thanks Eipper, I'll email the DEPI Sunday evening, I promised someone a shed and I better check it's not illegal haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back