Why Do People Dislike Jags?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TrueBlue The hypos are stunning as usual!

While I don't support hybridisation, I do admire the patterning on some Jags and other hybrids. I have took a bit of a break from the herp hobby (in terms of being active) so I ask: Does the Zebra morph require crossbreeding, or are there 'pure' forms of it without mixing and matching with other 'subspecies'?

Bredli

@TrueBlue The hypos are stunning as usual!

While I don't support hybridisation, I do admire the patterning on some Jags and other hybrids. I have took a bit of a break from the herp hobby (in terms of being active) so I ask: Does the Zebra morph require crossbreeding, or are there 'pure' forms of it without mixing and matching with other 'subspecies'?

Bredli

I believe it originated in jungles so you can get pure jungle zebras

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a jag, but I probably wouldn't get another one. His neurological problems aren't particularly noticeable most of the time, and he still does normal snake things, but he doesn't handle like my other snakes, his movements feel kind of uncertain like he can't balance as well.

Yeah well thats understandable seeing that neuro directly affects muscle activity. The neuro and the reduced pattern cannot be separated nor bred out.
The introduction of jags had absolutely nothing to do with positive input into the australian hobby at all, it was an illegal and fiendish money grabbing exercise by a lowlife and his friends just before his retirement from the hobby. This person had at one time, great credibility, and he profited immensely from the very same hobby, who as a parting gesture injected it with a curse.
"inbreeding"!!! hahaha!!

Yeah well thats understandable seeing that neuro directly affects muscle activity. The neuro and the reduced pattern cannot be separated nor bred out.
The introduction of jags had absolutely nothing to do with positive input into the australian hobby at all, it was an illegal and fiendish money grabbing exercise by a lowlife and his friends just before his retirement from the hobby. This person had at one time, great credibility, and he profited immensely from the very same hobby, who as a parting gesture injected it with a curse.
"inbreeding"!!! hahaha!!

Ah I remember it well... along with the great "RPM" myth...

Jamie

lol yes the "RPM" scam. Wow what a parasite he was to the hobby, even in the beginning he was bad news I picked it and refused to deal with him years before the jag scam. He tried to get animals off me a number of times over the years but I refused to sell him anything.

Last edited:
I have 2 female jungles that don't display any neurological problems at all. If they do so down the track, then so be it. I bought them knowing they are born with this condition but I don't care. I don't love them any less and I will spend whatever amount of money is necessary on vet bills if need be.

Jungles may not be perfect but neither are humans. Would you stop dating someone if they had asthma or diabetes?

Mind you, I don't agree with deliberately introducing medical conditions of any sort to an animal.

To me, jungles are extra special and they still have their own personality and just like any other living thing

So they are jungle jags? jungles on their own dont have any neuro problems, the jag morph originated in coastal carpets and has now been crossbred with pretty much every morelia sub species.

Ah I remember it well... along with the great "RPM" myth...
Who is this? Want to look out for him in case this pops up in the hobby again... seen some RPMs on the Southern X Reptiles page, where it claims they are pure and without neuro issues (a morph, not a hybrid).

Note: this bat keeps popping up from when i accidentally pasted it into this message. Can't delete so just ignore it please.
upload_2017-6-24_21-7-0.png

I have always been anti Jag due to the Neuro issues aswell as the muddying of pure bloodlines. Recently I rescued a couple of snakes from a crackhouse where they weren't being cared for and one of them is a Jag, It shows a bit of neuro under stress but otherwise seems fine. Because I am a sucker I will keep it until it dies of old age or neuro related issues and make sure it is looked after properly for the rest of it's life. At no time whatsoever will I ever consider breeding from it nor would I ever purchase a Jag voluntarily, As much as it has beautiful colouring as far as I am concerned you can't beat good clean Aussie bloodlines.

lol yes the "RPM" scam. Wow what a parasite he was to the hobby, even in the beginning he was bad news I picked it and refused to deal with him years before the jag scam. He tried to get animals off me a number of times over the years but I refused to sell him anything.

He was a hysterically arrogant sob too...

J

If you don't know, it was probably before your time.
Yes, most likely, I only got into herps about 3 or 4 years ago. But would still like to know the name, because RPMs seem to be popping up again on RDU and even on Southern X Reptiles' website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back