Woma Pythons And Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythonhunter

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to know what license you need to keep woma pythons and have eggs also I know they are threatened species so I was double checking the license criteria

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're not threatened, you only need an R1.

24946a2dd9812f8a54e04be015785ba8.jpg

In qld it says they are near threatened and that is where I live I own one and people are telling me that I need a license to keep I do have a rec wildlife license

I am wanting to know what license you need to keep woma pythons and have eggs also I know they are threatened species so I was double checking the license criteria

What does your lic conditions stipulate?

In qld it says they are near threatened and that is where I live I own one and people are telling me that I need a license to keep I do have a rec wildlife license

If you have a license and you own one is it listed in your holdings?

How did you get eggs since you only own one?

Take your lic details down.

You will most likely need to transfer the eggs from who ever gave them to you just like you would if you were purchasing a reptile from a licensed breeder.

Take your lic details down.

You will most likely need to transfer the eggs from who ever gave them to you just like you would if you were purchasing a reptile from a licensed breeder.

I have that down in my book but I was told I needed a seperate license to keep a woma

Contact national parks in Qld, explain what is happening and they will advise you on license requirments amd what you need to do.

Woma's are considered a restricted species in QLD (same as GTP), as suche you're only allowed a maximum of two on a normal recreational license. To keep more than two your license must be amended for keeping restricted non venomous reptiles.

Not sure if eggs count towards you maximum limit of two, which is why I advise contacting national parks.

As noted above remove those photos of your license from this post as well. You don't want anyone who visits this site to be able to obtain your address and license details. Reptiles are regularly stolen and you've just advertised where you live. Not to mention the potential for people to pretend to be you.

Cheers, Cameron

Last edited:
Contact national parks in Qld, explain what is happening and they will advise you on license requirments amd what you need to do.

Woma's are considered a restricted species in QLD (same as GTP), as suche you're only allowed a maximum of two on a normal recreational license. To keep more than two your license must be amended for keeping restricted non venomous reptiles.

Not sure if eggs count towards you maximum limit of two, which is why I advise contacting national parks.

As noted above remove those photos of your license from this post as well. You don't want anyone who visits this site to be able to obtain your address and license details. Reptiles are regularly stolen and you've just advertised where you live. Not to mention the potential for people to pretend to be you.

Cheers, Cameron

Cheers appreciate the info will do this now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back