Keeping Snakes With Lizards?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsReptiles

Reaction score
Hi all, i know its a stupid question and the answer is probably no but im getting a centralian carpet python (morelia bredli) soon and its a tall and large tank so i was wondering if i can keep two shinglebacks or a bearded dragon in there with the snake? if not then any other species i could keep with her. that she wont eat them

Bredli's in the wild will eat other reptiles, as will most pythons. Unless you want to end up a very full Bredli and a very empty tank, I would say its a solid no.
Also the two have different care requirements, lighting, food etc.
As a general rule, reptiles shouldn't really be kept together unless breeding, of course some species are an exception, but I can't think of any off the top of my head as of now, a google search or thread on this forum should answer that.
If you want both pythons and Lizards, you need separate tanks.

yeah thats what i thought. Iguana one species you can keep together are banded knob tail geckos. yeah i have lizards and im getting a python but i wont keep them together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back