Freight Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darcy25

Reaction score
Hey. I have been asked to post one of my hatchies from brisbane to coffs harbour. Not having any luck finding a company willing to help. Any ideas on companies that would post a hatchie for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hey. I have been asked to post one of my hatchies from brisbane to coffs harbour. Not having any luck finding a company willing to help. Any ideas on companies that would post a hatchie for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Ring Qantas freight and book the flight. They handle most animal freighting within Australia. It will cost around the $80 mark. For packaging, get a cheap small esky. Drill airholes in both sides, put the snake in a bag, secure the top of the bag with zipties. Tape the esky shut and take it to the Brisbane freight terminal.

Last edited:
Ring around couriers to see if they have same day delivery, and are willing to transport a hatchling, well-secured in a tub or box.

I've used Qantas to receive and send reptiles. Cost is usually dependent on the weight of the animal and the package/box they come in.

Ring Qantas freight and book the flight. They handle most animal freighting within Australia. It will cost around the $80 mark. For packaging, get a cheap small esky. Drill airholes in both sides, put the snake in a bag, secure the top of the bag with zipties. Tape the esky shut and take it to the Brisbane freight terminal.
Add something to stop the little guy bouncing around in the container. Shredded or scrunched up newspaper works well.

Add something to stop the little guy bouncing around in the container. Shredded or scrunched up newspaper works well.
Yup, this.

Was just imagining the bag bouncing around in the container! :(

Qantas freight are actually really good. They handle the items very carefully, they know what is inside and don't treat it as a normal package. Also since it is in the air there is very little bouncing around. I have had around 150 fish transported by them over the years and most recently a hatchling Green Tree Python.The python was sent by a very experienced keeper with over 30 years experience and was packed exactly as I described.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back