Tasmanian Tigers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegerighty

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Do they still exist or is it a myth seems people keep spotting them

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

A carnivious marsupial like a flesh eating kangaroo interesting

They are classified as extinct, however there are currently studies happening in Cape York as there have been several sightings in that area... But, they're most probably all gone unfortunately.

They are classified as extinct, however there are currently studies happening in Cape York as there have been several sightings in that area... But, they're most probably all gone unfortunately.
Yup and they say bigfoot isn't real someone is gonna snap a photo

I guess it's the same as the so called Leopards roaming around in Victoria... no one has managed to get a clear picture, even after supposed capture. Interesting topic though and I hope someone else is able to give other information.

Sadly the Tassie Tigers were culled to extinction by humans because they were killing livestock. But I'm hopeful!

It is highly likely they are extinct, but there has been a recent flurry of "sightings" up on Cape York.
As an example of how sightings can start rumours, google "Tantanoola Tiger", Mike.

I still haven't googled that! Was even talking to Smitti about it the other night.... on my list of things to do!

I think if the tiger isnt already extinct (There was computer modelling supporting that it isnt just yet), it would be found in Tasmania. Competition with dingoes and wild dogs on the mainland would have finished them and likely in coming times extinguish any chances on the island if not already.

I for one am not entirely convinced the Tassie Tiger is extinct... Many creatures are elusive and can evade human detection. We thought the Night Parrot was extinct... for 100 years... Turns out they're still out there doing what they do. The Jardine River Turtle was declared extinct in the wild in 1996 and was rediscovered in northern Australia in 2014... No sir... Call me optimistic, deluded, whatever... It's going to take a lot more than some paper pushing "expert" to convince me that something has simply vanished from the face of the earth completely just because their information suggests it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back